Football Manager 2017

Lineker

I'm only starting the first full season (accidentally started in July 2015 so not a full season of it so it's going to be interesting to see how it pans out. I am especially interested to see how badly wrong it can go. :shifty:

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

I've always liked the idea of tweaking the rules so you can only have players from the nation you're managing in, or limiting the number if foreign players to like 3 in the entire squad. Just think it would be a lot more interesting.

Pretty sure some leagues already have those rules.

9 hours ago, Hbob From Another Place said:

Reinstalled FM16 and decided to load up about a dozen Irish teams with money to see how that works out. I dished out the money based on population size. So Dublin (Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians), Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford, Drogheda, Dundalk and Navan (Parkvilla - who I often edit in because they're the most local team to me in game)

At present Irish teams are in the top richest clubs in the world now in game.

The transfer market is inflating slowly. Mostly young Irish players from Football League teams. Cork City signed Callum O'Dowda for 1.1 million! And a few Irish players currently in the NASL seem to have been bought on frees or for very low fees. Paddy McCarthy has joined Shamrock Rovers from Crystal Palace.

Although I've realized that I haven't given Parkvilla, the club I was planning to manage, as equal finance as the rest. I managed to set it up so other teams got much larger cash injections from sponsorship than mine does. I also am spending the most. I spent 7million on Joseph Dodoo from Leicester and barely play him. :shifty:

Although looking at the rankings it's pretty much shaking out by location with Dublin, Cork and Galway heading the way.

Richguys.png

Update to this:

Paddy Kenny is at Bohemians.

Seems like he's found his level.

On 8/8/2017 at 23:17, King Jaffellis Joffer said:

Surely you missed an update where Bohemians appointed Neil Warnock as their manager.

For real, Tore Andre Flo is manager of one of the teams now. I think Cork City.

Also after 10 games, Bohs are 2nd from bottom in the league because the squad is still shit. :shifty:

We all know the social feed in FM is bullshit so I decided to mess around with the fans. Got a player on trial.

"Lincoln Thea has something about him, pleased that he is getting this trial"

The player in question is 46 years old.

In my 30 year game in FM 2012 I had a half Irish/half Italian regen at AC Milan who had the same birthday as me but also the same county AND homtown as me which the game couldn't possibly have known.

I was about 8 hours balls deep into a marathon session at 2am when I noticed and it was my trigger to go to bed.

• Like 3