Football Manager 2017

Lineker

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Players wanting to leave is awful too, plus I accidentally set the DoF to be in charge of selling players for the youth team and had to save scum to stop him selling a potential 5* player for a measly £6m because it apparently doesn't even let you make the final decision. Ridiculous.

I think you can set that you have the final decision on outgoing transfers and loans.

• Like 1

I have completed the Sextuple!!

• Super Liga Srbije (W-32 D-4 L-1)
  • Kup Srbije (2-0 vs Javor)
  • Super Kup Srbije (3-1 vs Partizan)
  • UEFA Champions League (2-2 vs Real Madrid. Won on penalties)
  • UEFA Super Cup (1-5 vs FC Bayern)
  • FIFA Club World Cup (5-1 vs Seognam KOR)

On top of that I won Gold at the Olympics with Serbia. On track for World Cup Qualification.

I think I've now won everything I an with this club. I'm also the first club to win consecutive Champions League titles since Milan in the late 80's.
I don't know what to do here. I only ever load up Serbia when I do the Red Star game as I don't plan on leaving the club.
Do I try another Serbian club and bring them up from the bottom? Do I retire from club football all together and focus on International? Still need the Euro Championship and World Cup title.

I am at a loss.

EDIT**
I now have a target for my game. Less club, more personal. I'm going to knock Sir Alex Ferguson off the top of the Worldwide Ranking.
He's currently only a couple of cups and a few trophies ahead of me. Should get it done by season 20 (Currently season17)

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 4

Started up a Journeyman game to run along side my Red Star game. Thought the Wealdstone save was a it but I came to find out I only loaded up England.
So I loaded up every league in game (Playing FMT so there aren't as many) a total of 122K players. and holy crap the loading times day to day leave me with regret.

But I set up a vacation, only to be called back after I got offered a job on day 2. AFAIK I'm meant to accept the first job offer so I am heading to WALES!
Cardiff Metropolitan University

Spoiler

44e1d1379f2fa38fb9760047cbf2c836.png

League Expectation: Avoid relegation.
Other Expectations: Basically just turn up.
Sounded easy enough, until I saw the squad... Oh dear. Drastic measures have been taken.

Spoiler

c4a737f952cc9be7d15f861df65ed0c2.png

Basically the new First XI

Season runs August - January followed by a split League (Conference/Playoff).

Time to get into it. I'll let you know by years end (if the game has finished loading) how I've gotten on.

• Like 2

On 21/02/2017 at 20:48, Benji said:

I was just Googling stories about people having a weird newly found real-life affinity for clubs they've managed in FM (Telford and Fulham are my big ones), and came across this in one of the articles...

That door knob bit :lol:

Newport Country and the Queens Park from Scotland. Took Queens Park to the SPL and Newport to the Championship.

On 25/02/2017 at 07:38, MDK said:

Scout: You should send me to Australia to scout the A-League
*6 months later
Scout: I couldn't find any players to recommend

This is accurate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MDK said:

I did this. It was not easy.

No kidding.
f1b4133619c51489e94d02bd559b0adb.png

I've just hit the split, so I have 10 games remaining to do something. Both Airbus and Newtown have fired their managers due to performance already so i may be next.
on the plus side? I'm undefeated in 2017 with 1 win and two draws. Finally found a tactic that might work a bit better, 5-4-1 Wide.

• Like 1

Two games left in the season and we are sitting third with 26 points. Probably not going to catch first place (32 points), and likely won't jump second place (30 points) either, but I'll happily take third with this bunch. Excited to bring in the new roster that I've been piecing together myself since the new year.

33 minutes ago, Rocky said:

No kidding.
f1b4133619c51489e94d02bd559b0adb.png

I've just hit the split, so I have 10 games remaining to do something. Both Airbus and Newtown have fired their managers due to performance already so i may be next.
on the plus side? I'm undefeated in 2017 with 1 win and two draws. Finally found a tactic that might work a bit better, 5-4-1 Wide.

I got relegated in 11th place. At some point in the season I hit on a 4-4-1-1 with a SS and a DF, I think, and it was pretty good until my players got snatched from me. When you get relegated try having a go in the Gibraltar division. You can qualify for Europe with a decent enough team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Noah said:

Newport Country and the Queens Park from Scotland. Took Queens Park to the SPL and Newport to the Championship.

This is accurate.

My boss is the chairman at Newport. Small nugget of information for you.

• Like 2

Bob Saget (No. Just a random name)
18 February 2017

10564cea9e59c9fe490a173ac79041a0.png

No real surprises there. They had one request. Couldn't fulfill it. Was hoping to maybe finish out the season but it was not meant to be.

Stats so far:
508e853a63504907f6f0aef58f585be5.png

I probably should've quit a long time ago.

Oh well. As they say. On to green pastures.

There are quite a few positions available to me right now, Clubs ranging from Valencia in the Spanish First Division to Maccabi Tel-Aviv in Israel to Perseman in Indonesia.
The world is my playground... Let's see where this adventure takes me...