Football Manager 2017

Lineker

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Apparently included in that, not only can Scotland break off from the UK, but there's an slim chance that Northern Ireland will split from the UK and form a United Ireland in the game.

The chance of this happening actually kinda makes it more appealing to me.

Although, tbh, I haven't even gotten into FM16 really.

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

It's just a bad move all round, especially as 1. you can't turn it off and 2. it's decided at the start of the save but you won't know until you've sunk hours and potentially days into the save what Brexit - if you're getting one at all - you'll get. It'll completely ruin a save for me if I, several seasons in, have to sell half my squad cos I can only have like 3 non-UK players.

I like it. World isn't all sugar and flowers. Real world clubs will have to deal with the consequences, so it's the most realistic option.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

It's just a bad move all round, especially as 1. you can't turn it off and 2. it's decided at the start of the save but you won't know until you've sunk hours and potentially days into the save what Brexit - if you're getting one at all - you'll get. It'll completely ruin a save for me if I, several seasons in, have to sell half my squad cos I can only have like 3 non-UK players.

They have said that existing players in a team will not be classed as foreign players. Will only be incoming players.

1 hour ago, Twist said:

They have said that existing players in a team will not be classed as foreign players. Will only be incoming players.

They've said that's one outcome. They've also said that the outcomes aren't weighted equally and that a hard Brexit - which will probably be a strict limit on non-UK players - is weighted heaviest.

Finding some aspects of the interface a little disorientating at the moment...though I suppose that's natural.

However I most definitely wish my stupid 'you can try not to look like a knockoff AVB but you will fail' manager avatar would go die in a fire. <_< 

• Like 1