Football Manager 2017

Lineker

5 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

It's just so arbitrary, it doesn't even make any sense half the time. Messi could score 10 in one game and there'd be one going "Can we all get off the Messi bandwagon now please?" 

Like, if you're going to add it as a purely cosmetic feature, then at least make it work contextually rather than having it fixed to a set formula of essentially "YES!" x3 and then a standard "Nah, shit" one.

Seriously, same thing with all the data analysts and all that bullshit. If their attributes don't affect their work, why even hire them at all?

Suppose it's not bad if you want the illusion that your fanbase is a load of fucking weirdos, but I'm managing Liverpool so I already knew that.

Hope I see a tweet on there at some point where one of them has written a sprawling nine stanza poem about Jon Flanagan. Or knocked up a Photoshop of Bill Shankly smiling down at me from the clouds.

• Like 1

I think I would quite like it if the obligatory negative tweet were always from the same guy (a name randomly generated when you join the club, but consistent for the full length of your stay there). Almost as though you had a twitter nemesis. :shifty: 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I think I would quite like it if the obligatory negative tweet were always from the same guy (a name randomly generated when you join the club, but consistent for the full length of your stay there). Almost as though you had a twitter nemesis. :shifty: 

Seriously, that would have been terrific and made the whole thing worth it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Suppose it's not bad if you want the illusion that your fanbase is a load of fucking weirdos, but I'm managing Liverpool so I already knew that.

Hope I see a tweet on there at some point where one of them has written a sprawling nine stanza poem about Jon Flanagan. Or knocked up a Photoshop of Bill Shankly smiling down at me from the clouds.

Like fuck I'm going to make a shitty photoshop job for you now :angry:

• Like 1

I haven't really played FM since 08 (I still go back to it once in a while) and I dabbled a bit in FM10. I don;t have much time to play the game like it seems I needed to back then so I was wondering about FM Touch.

I downloaded the Demo and already I'm confused af. Is it a hard learning curve to jumping from the older style of game to this one?
Anybody had experience with Touch (This year or last) that could give me an insight on what it actually is? Is it a Lite version essentially?

Thanks.

For some reason, I'm finding it amusing to just tear in to Leicester's manager (Mircea Lucescu) whenever I'm asked about him on this. Must hate me.

Some highlights:

Q: Mircea Lucescu has a lot of experience available to him in his Leicester City squad. What are the challenges that come with a facing a side like that?
A: I think the challenge is more for Mircea than me, he has to work out a way to get the best out of an ageing squad whereas I can prepare knowing that we can run rings around them for ninety minutes.

Q: Do you think you might be showing a lack of respect to some of the games elder statesmen here?
A: Not a chance, respect is something which has to be earned and then maintained. I think some of Lucescu's players are getting to the stage where they're starting to lose respect by not knowing when to call it quits.

Q: Ahead of the match, how do you feel about your opposite number's chances of keeping his job?
A: I'm just looking forward to the match. There will never be a better time to play Leicester City as they look bereft of confidence. Mircea is going to need a miracle to keep his job once we've finished with them.

Q: It's very unusual to hear a manager being so harsh about a fellow professional when they're under pressure like this. Do you not think you're being unduly harsh on Mircea Lucescu here?
A: If he thinks I'm being harsh here then he should maybe jump before he's pushed as he obviously doesn't have the mental toughness needed to beat us and the result we inflict on him will be his last anyway.

That last one almost sounds threatening.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2016 at 12:08, Arjen Robben said:

For some reason, I'm finding it amusing to just tear in to Leicester's manager (Mircea Lucescu) whenever I'm asked about him on this. Must hate me.

Some highlights:

That last one almost sounds threatening.

I usually have like two or three managers that I'll just bash every chance I get. I'm almost always professional and courteous, but if I see a name or face I don't like, I don't hold back the meanness. 

Ha, yeah I'm like that, usually with people like Mourinho or Pardew, particularly amused by it in this case cause I know nothing about Mircea Lucescu, I just decided to stick the boot in at every available opportunity about him leading Leicester to relegation, for no real reason.

The game seems a bit buggy with that sometimes, I'm always praising Karanka, and then the game suddenly mentioned a "war of words" with him. Excuse you game, why would I ever talk badly about my beloved Aitor? He's since left Boro on it though tbf so maybe I'll start.

i wish it still had what the old games had where you could just randomly make comments about other managers whenever you wanted.

What always annoys me about the press conferences is when you don't answer something and get "The public will want a proper answer from you.." and you don't answer again and then get "I really need to press you for an answer here.."

Like, I get that in real life, but it's words on a screen in a video game, I'm not under any genuine pressure to not just click the same exact answer?

19 hours ago, Baddar said:

It's on cdkeys for a fiver cheaper than going through Steam directly, and all they'll send you is a code to put into Steam anyway.

Cheers! :)

Only €29.95 there while bizarrely €54.99 on Steam. Perfect timing to pass an international weekend! :D