Football Manager 2017

Lineker

Career game season three with Kidderminster Harriers... did not start off well. We have lost 3 out of 4 matches, two due to a lack of finishing where we should have walked away with draws at the very least, one was a thrashing we deserved to lose (though it was to Boston Utd, who are top of the league after four games), and one was a well deserved win over a team predicted to be fourth this year. Rocky start for sure.

I managed to find that midfielder/replacement captain, but I feel like I'm going to need to loan in some more clinical strikers after last night. On the positive side, a lot of the reason we lost is that my ideal starting XI had six absent players across those four games due to injuries. Three of the injuries across all four games (one of them being my new top quality keeper too), so there's definitely more positive results to come.

So season goals for 2018/19 are 2 out of 4 achieved:

1. Get a new superstar centre midfielder
2. Get a fitness coach that's up to scratch not yet achieved
3. Find a new captain (if he can be said superstar centre mid, all the better)
4A. Get minimum of 50 points to beat relegation 3 points out a possible 12 (126 available in remaining games)
4B. Make a top half challenge, maybe even play offs based off of last season's cup run looking less likely after four games

Have gotten bored of my save, so have decided my next venture will be to Red Bull-ify some Vanarama side via the editor and watch the drama unfold.

Currently I am thinking Red Bull Darlington, or York City Red Bulls. Maybe I'll just create a team. RED BULL LONDON. Probably won't do that, effort.

• Like 1

Having played half a season as Chelsea just to get back into the swing of things, I started up a new Unemployed game (English leagues only) and have been handed the reigns of Tranmere Rovers in early November 2016. They're 18th in the Vanarama National League and they want a top-half finish.

Since they've just had two successive relegations, they seems like a solid opportunity to rebuild. Unlike most of my past career games, I'm not going to change clubs unless I get sacked...so that could be fun. Or it could be an endless purgatory of League 1 mid-table finishes. One of those. :shifty: 

• Like 1

FFS...it still pisses me off that you can join a club mid-season and they're all like "We don't know any tactics at all! Up until now, our match preparation has involved spelling out YOLO with training cones every day". <_<

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Having played half a season as Chelsea just to get back into the swing of things, I started up a new Unemployed game (English leagues only) and have been handed the reigns of Tranmere Rovers in early November 2016. They're 18th in the Vanarama National League and they want a top-half finish.

Since they've just had two successive relegations, they seems like a solid opportunity to rebuild. Unlike most of my past career games, I'm not going to change clubs unless I get sacked...so that could be fun. Or it could be an endless purgatory of League 1 mid-table finishes. One of those. :shifty: 

Or you'll win the FA Cup with them and then jump ship to Chelsea :shifty:

2 hours ago, stokeriño said:

FFS...it still pisses me off that you can join a club mid-season and they're all like "We don't know any tactics at all! Up until now, our match preparation has involved spelling out YOLO with training cones every day". <_<

I see you've done the FA Level One course.

• Like 2

Does anyone else find that on this version Everton seem to struggle right from the off every time? They're always getting relegated in the first season on mine and just becoming a yo-yo club.

I've also started a new game, holidayed to the new year and taken over a team newly promoted to the Brazilian third division. Will I ever learn that Brazilian football is not the place to be? In any case, I am managing Nautico FC, or Nautico (RR), whichever they prefer, and they are garbage.

15 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Does anyone else find that on this version Everton seem to struggle right from the off every time? They're always getting relegated in the first season on mine and just becoming a yo-yo club.

I quite enjoyed seeing Everton get relegated in my first season,... :pervert: