Football Manager 2017

Lineker

The regens in FIFA are generated using random first and second names of existing players in that nationality. There's a lad with Cork City who's Irish and of Nigerian descent by the name of Cheidozie Ogbenne, was a few years below me in school actually. It was great the one time you'd a milk-pale, bald 16 yeard old regen with the name Cheiodzie Murphy. :lol: 

They've removed him from the game entirely this year though, which I don't get!

• Like 1

Finally got a great game going. Just set England as the only playable and went unemployed before I eventually got the Kidderminster Harriers (Conference North) job in October/November because they were predicted second and were fourteenth. Proceeded to go on a nine match streak but then they went really inconsistent and we wound up two points short of play-offs, though managed to find a winning style at the end of the season.

Money is draining badly, but we're pretty much a lock for title win after the work I put in during the summer bolstering the midfield. Playing a flat 4-3-3 which focuses heavily on pace and first touch (mostly playing on the counter, but switching to control where appropriate), and we've won every match but one in the first 12 in the league, and that non-win was a draw. Absolutely pelting away goals, but not much focus on defence (not that we're needing it at the minute), but even so we've got the fourth best defence in the league.

Should be able to survive on loans and frees after promotion to the Conference National as I've made sure the First XI (plus subs) has potential enough for mid-table League 2 and maybe beyond, so hopefully the lack of finances won't be an issue, it's just a matter of if I can hold on to them and if not whether I can get what I feel they are worth since the financial situation is getting dire. If I can offload some non-First XI players I can get the wage bill down, but nobody wants them. I'd actually love to sell our star striker as he's stupidly injury prone, and I have a good youth prospect who would easily take his place and wind up better if said star striker weren't so consistent when healthy.

• Like 3

On 11/11/2016 at 18:10, TCO said:

The regens in FIFA are generated using random first and second names of existing players in that nationality. There's a lad with Cork City who's Irish and of Nigerian descent by the name of Cheidozie Ogbenne, was a few years below me in school actually. It was great the one time you'd a milk-pale, bald 16 yeard old regen with the name Cheiodzie Murphy. :lol: 

They've removed him from the game entirely this year though, which I don't get!

That's how the Ultimate Soccer Manager games would handle youth players. You'd scroll down to the bottom of the transfer list and see such players as Ian Juninho, Oswaldo Wright, Robbie Bergkamp, Dennis Fowler and Vinnie Van Der Gouw and Raymond Jones.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Freelance Hobo said:

That's how the Ultimate Soccer Manager games would handle youth players. You'd scroll down to the bottom of the transfer list and see such players as Ian Juninho, Oswaldo Wright, Robbie Bergkamp, Dennis Fowler and Vinnie Van Der Gouw and Raymond Jones.

Ultimate Soccer Manager was so ahead of its time. What a fantastic game in every possible way.

It doesn't get enough recognition for how good it was. I remember we got USM 98 free with our first computer when I was about 7 and I must've sunk days into that over the next 5 years of my life!

• Like 1

@TCO  I think I've had a USM game on every computer I've owned. I have USM 2 on my laptop at the moment and out not long ago and managed Oldham to the Premier League in an evening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Not too many injuries accrued over the October international break... Only Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Pedro, Fabregas, Kante and Azpilicueta.

Fuck sake.

I started up a new game since it is out of beta and I'm not even a week into pre-season and I have five injuries. All first team players.