Football Manager 2017

Lineker

Offering players a non-contract contract.

Me: Right, son, I'm offering you a non-contract instead of amateur
Youth Player: Right
Me: You can have a quid if you keep a clean sheet. The board wont let me offer any higher
Youth Player: I'LL TAKE IT!
Me: Don't spend it all on haribo

• Like 11

My favourite thing to do is call Tony Pullis a dinosaur in press conferences whenever I get an option to do so. 

The mental image of him pretending he has t-Rex arms and running down the touchline in a tracksuit and cap screeching  highly amuses me 

• Like 4

Comfortably got promoted and won the league with Newcastle anyway with 8 games to spare. Given £58mil to spend so I want to get my business done early and before anybody else gets their budget. The agreed price for Atsu is first priority, £5mil when he's worth £13.75mil  is an absolute steal given how well he's done!

I'll miss the Championship and winning almost every week. :(

Edited by TCO

I actually recognise one of my Tranmere Rovers players - Jeff Hughes, who was a mainstay in my FM12 game when I took Notts County to the Premier League. 

Unfortunately he is no longer a "pretty good Championship level player". He has become a "what the fuck are you even doing in the Conference National" player.

Mildly depressing. :( 

Got booted from Cardiff Met Uni after getting relegated. I still think I did a good job with only amateur players. So I've ended up at a semi-pro team in Portugal and saved them from relegation in their last two games. The Portuguese league system is weird. 

37 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Buy the bag of just cherries then, surely?

Amateur.

A bag of Tangfastics, and indeed any sweets, are a lot like life. We need the numbing disappointment of a green or yellow to truly value and cherish a red or black sweet.

An all cherries bag is just not satisfying in the long run as they cease to feel important and valuable.

Word.

• Like 9

21 hours ago, MDK said:

Offering players a non-contract contract.

Me: Right, son, I'm offering you a non-contract instead of amateur
Youth Player: Right
Me: You can have a quid if you keep a clean sheet. The board wont let me offer any higher
Youth Player: I'LL TAKE IT!
Me: Don't spend it all on haribo

Even my keeper gets a fiver off his dad if he keeps a clean sheet.

2 hours ago, MDK said:

The board were tighter than a ducks arse

Must explain why the duck from Rosie and Jim always had a face like something had entered somewhere it wasn't expecting

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Must explain why the duck from Rosie and Jim always had a face like something had entered somewhere it wasn't expecting

hqdefault.jpg

Operation Yewtree will be visiting Rosie and/or Jim.

Is nothing sacred? The Poddington Peas are next? Or maybe the Soddington Peas? :<

We're doing shit to be honest. Have zero consistency, have beaten the league leaders and have lost 4-0 to a team in the league below us.

Pf0SOUn.png

Not a single draw in there. I honestly contemplated quitting after the loss to Fylde because the team was an embarassment. Board and fans are still fine with me as I'm just below mid-table and all I promised was to avoid relegation...

QgTSjwu.png

... , but I'm going to make some major changes at the end of the season once the contracts are up, as way too many players are not playing to their ability, let alone potential. Also looking at potentially applying to other teams to remind myself that this is a career game.

• Like 1