Football Manager 2017

Lineker

On 18/11/2016 at 14:00, Arjen Robben said:

Have gotten bored of my save, so have decided my next venture will be to Red Bull-ify some Vanarama side via the editor and watch the drama unfold.

Currently I am thinking Red Bull Darlington, or York City Red Bulls. Maybe I'll just create a team. RED BULL LONDON. Probably won't do that, effort.

Thanks for the inspiration. The next time I create a club I'm totally running a Red Bull Bath game.

• Like 4

I could make a new club called Red Bull Milton Keynes (which even kind of makes sense given the F1 link)...just think of the derby matches!

"IT'S MK DONS VERSUS RED BULL MK! WHICH CLUB DO YOU THINK LEAST DESERVES TO EXIST? COME ALONG THIS SATURDAY AND SUPPORT THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS!"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I could make a new club called Red Bull Milton Keynes (which even kind of makes sense given the F1 link)...just think of the derby matches!

"IT'S MK DONS VERSUS RED BULL MK! WHICH CLUB DO YOU THINK LEAST DESERVES TO EXIST? COME ALONG THIS SATURDAY AND SUPPORT THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS!"

What if you want both evils to sink into a black hole? :shifty:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TCO said:

You'd have to make up a word like Rasenballsport MK or an English equivalent for realism to circumvent the no corporate name rule!

Shit. Hadn't thought of that.

Maybe 'Milton Keynes Bulls FC' (aka the MK Bulls) is an alternative, albeit one that sounds like an American Football team. :shifty: 

:lol: 

I have this smug sumbitch in my team...but he scores a lot of goals so I'll allow it.

tran03.png

...And only in the taking of this screenshot have I noticed that his wages are now up to £1,700 per week WHEN THE FUCK DID THAT HAPPEN

He looks SO smug that it's gone full circle in to being absolutely fine I think. Deserves that £1,700 purely for that.

Also.

ycCYZZO.jpg 337205_med__20160530125240_leo_duarte.pn

Why didn't they just use that picture? That one is even already cut out. "Hm, no I think I'll go for the awkward selfie instead.." WANKERS I'LL DO IT MYSELF.

ALSO v2

My defensive midfielder (Santiago Ascacibar)

hqdefault.jpg

Turns out he is apparently just Argentine Lee Cattermole.

• Like 3

Anybody have any tips on how to be tighter at the back? I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 with high pressing and an emphasis on possession. That all works great except I'm leaking goals. I could have 60% possession with plenty of shots and then every highlight is getting dispossessed followed by them hoofing the ball forward and being in on goal.

I tried a deeper line and tweaking instructions but I'm still giving away a huge shot to goal ratio for the possession I have. 

Ended up finishing 13th with Newcastle with that system, the same one that got a record points haul in the Championship. Part of the problem could be the back four just isn't good enough, it's the exact same as the one I had the year before. 

Gamez - Hanley - Mbemba - Lazaar

So after the first season at Liverpool in which we missed out on the title by 1 point to Man Utd, I finally won the league in the 2nd season rather easily finishing 10 points ahead of Man Utd with 89 points in total. Won 27, drew 8, lost 3. Scored 78 and conceded 32. 

After beating Barca 8-3 on aggregate I got Real Madrid in the semis and I beat them 7-6 on aggregate (won 5-3 at Anfield but lost 3-2 at the Bernabeu :(
Just beat City 6-0 at Wembley in the FA Cup final and now I have Man Utd in the Champions League final. 

In terms of my player stats, Origi scored 40 in all comps (22 in the league, 15 in the Champions League), Mane scored 24 (9 in the league and Champions League) Sturridge finished on 15, Berahino on 14, Hojbjerg on 11 and Henderson, and Firmino on 10. 

In my last 32 games in all competitions, I have lost once (to Madrid) and drew 7 and won the rest. 

I seem to have created a tactic that encourages a high tempo game that keeps possession and allows my players to play with some freedom. My team line up looks like this:
GK: Karius, RB: Clyne, CB: Rudiger, CB: Matip, LB: Moreno, CM: Hojbjerg, CM: Henderson, AMR: Mane, AMC: Coutinho, AML: Firmino, ST: Origi. 
Bench - Lovren, Milner, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Berahino, Benassi, Sturridge.