Football Manager 2017

Lineker

34 minutes ago, Rocky said:

My current first XI

a2cb5a34b29d7f8183def03112499ce9.png

It hurts... Though my back ups are still capable, it is tough having this many people out during Champions League Group Stage.

The asymmetry of that is infuriating me.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MDK said:

It looks more like a rugby formation 

I wonder if I could make a scrum formation work.

3 in the front row
2 sitting in behind them lock it in.
1 centre mid with two wide slightly forward for flanking the opposition.
1 just behind there to the side playing half back and first five or inside centre either side for quick plays.

Could work with the right team.

10 hours ago, Rocky said:

I call it the "reverse 2". It lead me to a 70+ undefeated streak in league matches. Actually Illic is meant to be back further in a Targetman Support role... Hmmm.

Ugh, I tried out this formation and it worked and I won. Which just infuriates me more.

• Like 2

Is it petty of me that because two of my best players have kicked off because I rejected bids and told them I refused to actively offer them out, I shoved them in the reserves and haven't played them so far this season, which means they've missed out on the state championship win and haven't been registered in the Copa Libertadores squad, and given that it's a World Cup year my ultimate plan is that unless they back down then they won't be in my World Cup squad either. Because they haven't played enough to warrant inclusion :pervert:

My way or the highway, fuckos.

• Like 3

Well one of them has come crawling back and dropped his issue. Over to you Barbosa, you've got 10 days til the squad is announced. It would be a shame for you to miss out WOULDN'T IT. Shithead.

Oh look, squad announcement on the 11th, on the 10th he decides he wants to stay and wants to withdraw his transfer request. Too late, pal.

Both "devastated to have missed out on the Brazil tournament squad" OH WHAT A SHAME. Pair of ingrates. Rejected Barbosa's transfer request withdrawal too, if you wanna go then go, you're not getting no loyalty bonus from me, dickhead.

o3Hn1cN.jpg

tumblr_inline_mprzsqxtSG1qz4rgp.gif

GOD I've gone mad with power.

• Like 8

Second season at Tranmere Rovers...

After scraping 12th, the board expect me to make the Vanarama National playoffs (top 5). Seems like logical progression. 

A handful of players out - two retired, three 'sold' for £0 (<_<) - and four replacements in (£17k spent on three transfers, one on loan). Not massive changes, and indeed the only difference to my First XI from last season is a new RB and a new MC. AND YET the bookies have placed us as second-favourites to win the league with odds of 5-1. Um?

It just so happens that the opening game is at home to the so-called 'favourites', Forest Green. We grind out a 1-1 draw. This seems strangely encouraging.

Then this run happens:

tran04.png

It's an unbeaten streak that rather belies the fact that we stop playing well some time in mid-September. James 'Smug Git' Norwood got injured for five weeks, which eliminated our top goalscorer (9 in 13 so far this season). Team morale was still high at that point, which proved enough to carry us through a tonne of draws and unconvincing 1-0 wins before we finally succumbed to Gateshead. Norwood is back in the team but being anonymous at the moment.

I only hope the wheels don't now come off, because I'd kind of got used to the idea of being title contenders. :( 

Something that has always bugged me is when the media start talking about streaks. I can go WDDDD and the media go "Wow! Unbeaten in five! [TEAM NAME] is unbeatable, when you do think this run will come to an end?!" but then I lose the next game and it looks like DDDDL its all "Dumny's [TEAM NAME] on barren streak, everyone is depressed and The Samaritans have set up an on-site help centre for fans and players."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MDK said:

Something that has always bugged me is when the media start talking about streaks. I can go WDDDD and the media go "Wow! Unbeaten in five! [TEAM NAME] is unbeatable, when you do think this run will come to an end?!" but then I lose the next game and it looks like DDDDL its all "Dumny's [TEAM NAME] on barren streak, everyone is depressed and The Samaritans have set up an on-site help centre for fans and players."

TBH this is exactly the sort of thing that went on in real life when Hiddink had Chelsea on an unbeaten streak full of shitty draws, so kudos to FM on their accuracy. :shifty: 

Just now, stokeriño said:

TBH this is exactly the sort of thing that went on in real life when Hiddink had Chelsea on an unbeaten streak full of shitty draws, so kudos to FM on their accuracy. :shifty: 

It infuriates me more than the spanner formation @Rocky posted earlier :@

• Like 1