Football Manager 2017

Lineker

Just suffered my first defeat since taking over Wealdstone after 2 months. FA Cup Third Round Replay away to Birmingham going down 2-1
Sitting in 17th spot with 28 points and a game in hand. Currently 4 points clear of relegation, with solid wins over 2 of the top 5 teams.
Dumebi Dumaka has scored 3 hatricks since I brought him into the first team. I wish I had funds to offer him a permanent spot though :/

17 minutes ago, Meacon said:

What determines if someone can get a work permit in the game? In one of my Braintree games I found an American with good stats (for my level) and he was cheap. Signed him and everything was good to go but he never could get a work permit no matter how many times I appealed.

It depends on what their national team is. Something along the lines of:

If they are in the top ten national teams they need to play a certain percentage of games and it gets higher the lower the FIFA rank
If they are an exceptional talent then to fuck with the rules

• Like 1

Finished my first season at Wealdstone in 13th. 14pts above relegation zone but only 8 shy of a playoff spot. Losing 3 of my last 5 matches ruined that chance.
I'm happy with the season. Can definitely improve on it next year. Hopefully pick up a few handy transfers.

Continued on with my Red Star game in Serbia. At the mid season break. Currently undefeated. 24pts clear of 2nd place. 1 Draw game.Made it through the Group Phase of the Champions League (With wins against Juventus & Dynamo Kyiv. Couldn't beat Tottenham though) Have drawn to play Real Madrid (RIP).
Have managed to make my team completely free of foreigners. All Serbian players. Got lucky with a few signings by getting in early.
Darko Lazic, Zoran Tosic, Luka Jovic and Neven Subotic have made a huge difference. All helped by the $25 MIL budget I had.

Edited by Rocky

In negotiations with a different club and they ask me why I have had problems controlling the finances. Well, you bellend, its because it was an amateur club and quite frankly them being 3k to the good isn't that bad, you fuck.

It's still fucking impossible to sell players. I wouldn't care so much if I weren't losing money to the tune of maybe £500k per year (even though I'm within my assigned wage budget). Couple this with every other player's refusal to sign a new contract without a massive hike, and it's thoroughly annoying. Can't I just stick a print-out of the club's finance summary up on one of the training ground's walls with "DO YOU FUCKING GET IT?" scrawled in black marker underneath?

• Like 3

What's even worse is a player turning down £50k a week and then going to a shitter club for half that and usually at a reduced fee too.

But yeah, it's impossible to shift players when you want to. Very easy to get low-ball offers for your star players that unsettle your squad though!

13 hours ago, Meacon said:

What determines if someone can get a work permit in the game? In one of my Braintree games I found an American with good stats (for my level) and he was cheap. Signed him and everything was good to go but he never could get a work permit no matter how many times I appealed.

Has to have played in 75% of his national team's matches over the last two years and the team has to be in the top 75 of the FIFA rankings.

• Like 1

Tranmere Rovers 2016/17 - I've only been in the job six months since I joined in November, but I'm already setting records!! :w00t:

Spoiler

tran01.png

:crying::crying::crying: 

But hey, I did also manage to achieve something a little more concrete...

Spoiler

tran02.png

First silverware in 27 years baby!

The more problematic thing is that we lost nearly half a million this season and the bank balance is currently £623k (plus an existing loan debt of c.£1.8m), so that's not at all sustainable. Perhaps a silver lining will be that so many players' contracts are coming up for renewal that I may just be able to cull great swathes of them and save a bit through that.

• Like 2

Interesting things that I'd never seen/noticed before: being asked to agree, prior to contract talks with a new signing, that I "will allow the player to treat the club as a stepping stone". 

I mean, I kind of assumed that anyone who wasn't already aged 30+ would be treating Tranmere Rovers as a stepping stone, but if you want to have it in writing then sure.

This was all moot when he then demanded £2.5kpw wages and I scrapped the transfer, but you live and learn. :shifty: 

• Like 1

Oh hey I beat Barca in my second season in charge of Liverpool in the Champions League quarter finals at Anfield 6-1 after having drawn at the Nou Camp 2-2 in the 1st leg.
Lets see what the fans have to say on social media 

Sean Thomson: Liverpool got lucky in that one. Really didn't deserve it! 

6 goals, 25 shots, 12 on target 55% possession to Barca's 8 shots, 3 on target and 45% possession.

WHAT THE FUCK GAME WAS YOU WATCHING SEAN YOU PRICK!! :angry:

• Like 1