Football Manager 2018

Lineker

Third season in the Championship and this year I am going to rely on my regens and a very crazy 3-4-3 formation to get me promoted. Only two players from my non-league days have survived, Bonne and Sendles-White, and I will end up using them as my budget is nearly non-existent.

23 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

How do you setup your 3-4-3? I've tried creating one before but it just never works, annoyingly.

Well, I tried it out for the last two games of the season when I needed two wins and a mathematical miracle and it worked.

GK
       CB - CB - CB
WB -                      WB
         BWM - B2B
         T - DF - AF

The two outside strikers have play wider instructions. We'll see how it works over a full season.

Easily the best youth player I've ever had come through. My current 1st choice right-back wanted to leave due to interest from English Premier League clubs so I thought I'd cash in and make this guy my new first choice

35F79614486D44AF16106815D1F67CABA2B3BD3A

53 minutes ago, Benji said:

Wait, you can hire your own chairman in this version?

No, I think it is just a glitch. If anyone else wants to try and find the same person and see if it happens to them, please do...

I was just searching for a new head of youth development and this guy popped up. I think it is because he is an ex player who has played for his country, but is/was a chairman and got replaced and maybe the game sort of didn't know what to do with the data.

QnHq3w6.png

Are... are we a dirty team?

This means I'm having to play Payet at left back in my next match. And my bench is two goalkeepers and Remy Cabella. Maybe I should tell them to stop trying to kick the other team off the pitch.

Yeah, I signed Calum Chambers, what of it?

Also; there's only two Dennis Bergkamp's, two Dennis Bergkamp's...

vHwl1AW.png

What an odd bug.

When interviewing for a new job they ask if you are okay working with a DoF. Do they ever force you to use a DoF? Because under responsibilities you can set that. It would be an interesting challenge if sometimes when a new board come in they want a DoF and you have no choice and all your best players get sold. That would be hilarious.