Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

this is weird game, 4-0 down but on another day Liverpool might've scored several times themselves.

20 minutes ago, Hobo said:

this is the most football manager kind of result

Not if Klopp didn't play his promising youngsters and a few rotated squad members without full match sharpness.

Fully deserved for City. Just a weird game like it could easily on another day have been the other way round. Some of our players looked off the mark but hey ho onto the next one. 

5 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Fully deserved for City. Just a weird game like it could easily on another day have been the other way round. Some of our players looked off the mark but hey ho onto the next one. 

Villa about to spank you 5-0 again

6 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Could be beneficial in the long run - Liverpool just got a very real reminder that, despite winning the League by miles, potentially setting records etc etc, their closest rivals are still very, very good.

It'll run well with Klopp's whole "we're not going to defend the title, we're going to attack it" message.

13 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

Sterling’s entire job at Liverpool was to win penalties and get players on yellow cards to make them not defend as aggressively, it paid off.

I'd argue that's one of the jobs of any pacey attacking player, and it clearly wasn't his entire job.

• Like 1

I'd imagine given the current climate, FFP will be quietly relaxed or ignored over the coming seasons anyway. I can't see UEFA turning down any external investment into clubs when the future of crowds is so uncertain. The whole rule is a massive pile of bollocks to protect the bigger clubs' established status quo anyhow and I'd love to see the back of it.