NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

I'm not invested in it because its not even a question. Los Angeles will always be Lakers first. Even if the Clippers some how managed to win some championships, the Lakers will still be number one. Always will be.

2 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

What a surprise, a Doc Rivers' coached side buckled under the pressure and failed. The most overrated coach in not only the NBA, but probably all of American sports.

Oh, also, McCollum went on an amazing series of drunken Tweets tonight, was beautiful to watch him tear PG13 and PatBev apart. Great players, but my god, he was hilarious and absolutely deserved to.

Dame's one might still be better, though.

If Doc Rivers being the only coach to lose multiple series after being up 3-1 doesn't get him fired, he must have some blackmail against somebody high up.

Also, Dame and CJ's tweets last night were excellent. Love seeing it.

And that block has got to be in the top ten blocks of all time.

I mean sure if they want to blow their last chance of doing anything with PG and Kawhi, go nuts.  The guy is not a good coach.  The one title he won came when his team was just outright better than everyone else in the league, and it required the bare minimum in coaching to succeed.  He literally has not succeeding since then.  Two years later when the Lakers ran up against his Big 3 meal ticket again, they beat them pretty handily. 

Doc is a one trick pony, and that one trick was having the best team in the league.

• Like 1

To be fair that second Boston-LA series went 7 and 2 years later they almost knocked off the Heat. A savvier coach might have won both those series though. After all Boston was up 3-2 in both of them.

Also blew a 3-2 lead to Orlando in 2009. Boston could have won 4 out of 5 titles!

Regardless of whether they keep or fire him, they're definitely doing it with at least Kawhi's blessing so not sure I buy the idea that it would tank their chances to keep him. 

Edited by livid

Just because he didn't go there to play for him doesn't mean he doesn't like playing for him. Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if they fired him but considering the unusual nature of this postseason and generally "super teams" take some time to gel, I also wouldn't be surprised if he stays. 

Which isn't to say it would be a good idea to bring him back, I could just see the justification being made. And again, neither is happening without Kawhi's blessing so if he's okay with Doc being back then the decision to bring him back won't immediately eliminate his desire to come back either. Whichever direction they go in, it's with the purpose of keeping Kawhi. 

In all seriousness, I think they should take a run at D'Antoni. They're not going to be able to do much to rectify the defensive issues they have because of guys like Harrell amd Lou Will, so I'd lean into offense and see if that gets it done. MDA only wants to coach another three years or so, which puts them on matching timelines, I honestly believe it'd be the best shot at a title for the Clippers and MDA.

MDA is in the same boat as Rivers, to me, just minus a championship. His style didn't win in Phoenix, New York, or Houston. I'll give him a break with the Lakers, due to injuries. But, why should teams keep giving him chances?