NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

20 minutes ago, livid said:

Nah, he either takes the super max or tells them he's leaving. I don't see him as the type to continue to leverage an organization like that. LeBron had also reached the higher max service level requirements to make it easier for him to do that. Giannis isn't there yet so would lose out on some money if he did it that way. 

That's a good point. But the cap is dropping so if he holds off on his big payday for 2 years he'll probably make more than if he took the supermax or left right now. I might not be completely understanding the high level calculus involved in the NBA salary cap though.

I'm thinking something more along the lines with what Beal did with the Wizards. No supermax but giving them another 2-3 years before he really cashes in elsewhere.

With the Bucks out now, I'm more just rooting against the Lakers, Clippers, Houston, or Boston winning it all. Lakers or Clippers wouldn't be the worse, but Boston or Houston winning would be horrible. 

2 hours ago, Pooker said:

With the Bucks out now, I'm more just rooting against the Lakers, Clippers, Houston, or Boston winning it all. Lakers or Clippers wouldn't be the worse, but Boston or Houston winning would be horrible. 

Honestly, I'm fine with any team winning except the Clippers or Rockets. But again, I'd prefer the Lakers or Celtics (in that order) to win.

That Denver comeback was absolutely amazing and I really hope they can clutch it with a win in game seven and kick the Clippers out of the playoffs (not bitter :shifty:)

Also, Doc Rivers have been the coach of the Clippers since 2013, and he's never brought the team to the Western Finals. And sure, there's been some insane teams in there, namely the Warriors. But surely time should be up for Doc if he can't get it done this time around, throwing away a very commanding 3-1 series lead and potentially getting kicked out of the playoffs by a surging Nuggets team that turn into diamonds when the pressure is at its highest.

I feel Doc has been blessed with some insanely talented teams, and he's gotten only one ring to show for it. He had a big three in Boston, and only brought them to the finals twice with his first big three. Now he's had a big three in Griffin/Paul/Jordan, they didn't get anything done and never got further than the conference semi's...

Now he has Paul George, Lou Williams, Kawhi Leonard and a quality supporting cast, and they're still throwing things away when they matter.

At this point, I honestly believe that Doc Rivers, for all the success he's had, simply cannot put together a team that has a true winners mentality, guys that get the job done when it needs to be done, and most importantly step it up when a team doesn't feel like rolling over. The Mavs gave them a hard time, but they survived that with issues, but the Nuggets are more polished and more tenacious than the Mavs are at this point, and after the past two games, my money would be on Denver to make it happen and kick the Clippers out of the playoffs.

TL;DR - Even if Doc gets it done, I feel the Clippers front office need to have a really hard think about the value of Doc Rivers as a head coach, because if you have a large part of a decade of quality teams and not even a WCF to show for it, it's time to look at the person supposedly leading the team.

• Like 1

If Doc Rivers never gets another coaching job, it'll be good for every team in the NBA. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'll never understand how he's made it this long as a coach. 

I hate seeing Denver doing this good, but I am rooting for their players. Good bunch of guys they got there.

I think the Lakers have a leg up on everybody tho. I'm having a hard time seeing anybody beat them.

2 hours ago, DMN said:

tHe ClIpPeRs ArE tHe bEsT tEaM iN lOs AnGeLes

You really gotta realize no one else is invested in what happens in Los Angeles man