NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

They're basically fucked for a few years. Brand has been a terrible GM for them, trading away assets and loading up on bad contracts. Tobias Harris and Al Horford are both grossly overpaid. 

It predates Brand, but the Fultz disaster didn't help. Clearly Boston found something when working him out and wanted to get away from that pick as much as possible. They probably would've been okay had they then not turned around and moved everything else they had to rent Jimmy Butler. Instead of paying him they got stuck paying Harris.

They don't have the flexibility to find the help they need. The Process worked and then Brand ruined it all.

Protests and activism are way more important than sports anyway, but even without all of this apparently a growing number of players were getting burned out on life in the bubble.  And there’s still three more rounds to go.  The teams that go the distance still have another seven weeks of this.  It’s just not going to happen.

1 hour ago, B-li Manning said:

Protests and activism are way more important than sports anyway, but even without all of this apparently a growing number of players were getting burned out on life in the bubble.  And there’s still three more rounds to go.  The teams that go the distance still have another seven weeks of this.  It’s just not going to happen.

Counterpoint: Yes it is, they all agreed to it and are being paid to be there.

I really do hope that they can invoke real change in this world. For all the talk about athletes being spoiled millionaires, people look up to and listen to them. They deserve to be heard as much as anybody else.

I hope this isn't the end of the season, however. Yes, protesting what is happening is important. But, so is working. We all have jobs to do, no matter what it is. 

28 minutes ago, Pooker said:

I really do hope that they can invoke real change in this world. For all the talk about athletes being spoiled millionaires, people look up to and listen to them. They deserve to be heard as much as anybody else.

I hope this isn't the end of the season, however. Yes, protesting what is happening is important. But, so is working. We all have jobs to do, no matter what it is. 

It is precisely that influence you mentioned in the first paragraph that makes it more important that they protest and shut down the season than work. 

• Like 1

I'm not too sure on that...i see your point and the reasoning behind it. But I also see a lot of people tuning out because they're not playing. I've already seen quite a few people saying that they won't watch any more games because of this. But, if the games are still being played, more people will watch, giving them a wider audience to reach.