NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

Yeah, reading more about it it seems like they were very close in GS and Nash even convinced KD to join in the first place. 

Apparently he has coaching experience with the Canadian national team so we'll see how that, plus his HOF career, translates into being an NBA coach. Plus it doesn't hurt to have a KD guy being hired instead of a Kyrie guy incase it goes south with him. 

13 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Miami might actually be the better team but that was a garbage call. Bucks were robbed.

A foul has to create a disadvantage for the offensive player and this one clearly didn't.

As opposed to the garbage call on Dragic? I say they cancel out. 

16 minutes ago, LL. said:

As opposed to the garbage call on Dragic? I say they cancel out. 

The Dragic call was questionable but Middleton wasn't given the space to shoot, it's called a lot more that way than whatever was called on Giannis.

Refs dictated both games last night though, just far too many whistles blown and questionable decisions made.

4 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Refs dictated both games last night though, just far too many whistles blown and questionable decisions made.

Agreed here. Even Ms LL, never one to watch sports unless I am and even still is usually enamored with her phone, was like "They're calling a lot more fouls than usual right?"

Bucks are toast. They just utterly collapsed in the 4th.

Extremely pathetic. Coach Bud has zero ability to adjust. He's like Marty Schottenheimer.

Also it was criticized last summer but it's increasingly apparent locking up that core but not making Brogdon part of it was an absolutely awful mistake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/08/2020 at 15:35, livid said:

I fucking love my basketball team

Hmm...less so now, that's for sure but! For actual basketball reasons. 

I really liked the Budenholzer hire at the time because Jesus Christ, anything was better than Jason Kidd but it seems like inability to adjust rotation may just be a thing for any coach for the Bucks? Who fucking knows but this has been atrocious.

Re: Brogdon - he made that choice, not the Bucks. They easily could have forced his hand there but he clearly did not want to stay in the city of Milwaukee anymore (most segregated city in the US hooray?) so they smartly didn't. At the time, I was extremely salty they seemingly chose Lopez over him and still think that was the wrong move basketball-wise but I think it became pretty clear that Brogdon wanted nothing to do with them so they reacted accordingly to try and salvage 2020 as a potential championship run by running it back as much as possible. 

My only hope is that Giannis saw it for what it is and is willing to stick around. However, he also fucked up in this series. He's been hesitant way and settling for jumpers instead of pushing the pace way too often. Which is fine if you're average shooting jump shots. If you're less than that and even when you do push it, you're terrible at free throws, then it's just not going to work out. 

TL;DR - the Bucks are frustrating again and I hate it. 

Edited by livid

I think Giannis is hurt now, but the first two games he may have been seeing the focus placed on him and thought his teammates could bail him out more.

Giannis could reasonably do a 1 + 1 since Milwaukee has some draft picks they could try to leverage into some immediate help. But they're pretty locked in cap wise, a lot like Cleveland in 2008-10. Meanwhile Miami, Toronto, possibly Golden State can all easily slot Giannis in next offseason. He'll get destroyed if he leaves since people have this weird affection for poorly/cheaply run teams in small markets. But with the cap set to drop he might run into a situation where he'll take a very steep paycut to leave before 2023.

But less about Giannis, more about Coach Bud who has got to go. Zero adjustments. Spoelstra is coaching circles around him.

Really gonna need the Raptors to pull one out tonight. They had some good bounce back games after getting clobbered last year, so let's hope they can do it again. Siakim has been quite poor, so it'd be nice to see him have a good game.

13 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Well it's gonna be endless speculation for what will probably be an extremely boring LeBron style deal where Giannis can basically leave after each successive season until he finally does.

Nah, he either takes the super max or tells them he's leaving. I don't see him as the type to continue to leverage an organization like that. LeBron had also reached the higher max service level requirements to make it easier for him to do that. Giannis isn't there yet so would lose out on some money if he did it that way. 

Edited by livid