NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

I am rather surprised they voted to return to play. Just the bubble alone has been an emotionally draining experience. When you factor in the last few days in Wisconsin it has to make it hard to care about basketball.

Apparently a driving force was how much they've already worked to make the bubble environment and playoffs successful. I can understand that.

On 27/08/2020 at 13:07, Pooker said:

I'm not too sure on that...i see your point and the reasoning behind it. But I also see a lot of people tuning out because they're not playing. I've already seen quite a few people saying that they won't watch any more games because of this. But, if the games are still being played, more people will watch, giving them a wider audience to reach.

That wider audience was watching them plaster BLM on the courts and on their jerseys to sell more jerseys and nothing changed, absolutely nobody who wasn’t listening before was listening now. People who are saying they’ll stop watching will continue to do so, then call the players hypocrites when they start again on Saturday, because they’re assholes. 

When the Bucks elected to forfeit, that changed something. The WNBA followed suit. College football teams are skipping practice to go protest. It finally felt that for the first time since June that the players were allowed to actually protest and say what they wanted to say their own way, not just cookie cutter answers at the end of the game or stuff on the back of jerseys to make Nike look cool and generate more profits. 

LeBron was apparently not happy with what the Bucks did, saying they didn’t have a plan of action, because I guess he’s the only player that’s allowed to do something extraordinary in his mind (also didn’t want to endanger those sweet Nike profits, I imagine). The owners called Jordan to strong-arm some of the players who were under his brand, which includes CP3. Never thought I’d say this but it’s sucks that there’s going to be more basketball again so soon. 

I am not normally a fan of Chris "Nut Puncher" Paul but I do enjoy seeing the Rockets lose so I am also rooting for OKC. 

But I'm really hoping that Milwaukee comes out and actually plays a whole game this time instead of just the first quarter. 

3 hours ago, livid said:

I am not normally a fan of Chris "Nut Puncher" Paul but I do enjoy seeing the Rockets lose so I am also rooting for OKC. 

But I'm really hoping that Milwaukee comes out and actually plays a whole game this time instead of just the first quarter. 

It's not even like I hate the Rockets or Harden or anything, Russ is my favorite player in that series, it would just cause the most salt in r/nba for my entertainment enjoyment.

I really wanted to come in here and defeat Rudy Gobert, but figure its worthless to even try. And then I read the Chris "Nut Puncher" Paul comment and haven't laughed that hard in a while. I want to see Paul beat Houston, just to rub it in their faces