Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Naitch said:

There's no chance Spurs get Conte when they couldn't get him at the start of the season.

I think you'll find that we will be throwing a whole metric fuckton more money at him, for him to take the job on at this point.

Like I said the other day, I do feel bad for Nuno, this isn't a situation like Mourinho or Sherwood where I'm happy he's gone in a "I don't want to see this guy anymore" way. I'm sure he was given the impression that he was coming in for a project and the expectations wouldn't be crushingly high for his first season in the same way that Pochettino's first season wasn't anything special. But on the other hand his Spurs were just unwatchable to this point outside of home games against bottom-tier Conference League opponents and that brief couple matches at the start of the season. I'm sure a healthy amount of the blame has to go to the squad, they're the common denominator in the last three years over the last three managers, but still.

• Like 2

Sacking Poch was such an odd panic move. He could've told every Spurs supporter "it's going to be a tough few years while we rebuild the roster and we might not make it to Europe every season" and not a single person would've wanted him gone. Now he gets to manage Neymar, Messi, and Mbappe. For a little while longer at least.

2 minutes ago, damshow said:

Sacking Poch was such an odd panic move. He could've told every Spurs supporter "it's going to be a tough few years while we rebuild the roster and we might not make it to Europe every season" and not a single person would've wanted him gone. Now he gets to manage Neymar, Messi, and Mbappe. For a little while longer at least.

And probably hates it. Not a presser amongst them.