Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

Spurs are in the precarious spot of needing to accept a rebuild at all levels and an outright refusal to make it happen. They're going to get drubbed by the best and hold their own against the worst as long as this continues, constantly plugging holes instead of building a new ship.

• Like 1

Zero shots on target from Spurs. Just an absolute haunted house of a team. Again, I feel bad for Nuno to some extent because he seems likable and this roster has had cracks under the foundation from the moment the Champions League final ended in 2019 that have only gotten worse and worse. I think Romero and Royal were genuinely good signings to fix some of that but it's so much deeper than that and the only way I could see things getting better in the short term is if they broke the bank for someone who can actually fill Christian Eriksen's shoes like Ndombele and Lo Celso have thusfar tried and failed to do.

• Like 1

Yeah, Nuno seems like a nice bloke but he's absolutely not up to the job. There is absolutely no clear attacking plan, there are no patterns, no bravery, his obsession with vacating the space in the middle of the pitch doesn't work. 9 goals from 10 games and the second lowest XG in the league is criminal. Also, dropping Reguilon for Davies was bizarre today, as was dropping Tanguy whose been our best player for weeks. He has to go before it gets more toxic. It's been clear since Palace what way this was going. 

Just now, Adam said:

When was the last Spurs manager reign this short?

The closest I can find in recent memory, caretakers/interim managers nonwithstanding, is Jacques Santini who was hired in the 2004 summer window and was gone by November 5th. Tactics Tim Sherwood is another comparable one, having been made full-time manager in December 2013 and sacked six months later when I guess Levy and co. realized that they had given Tim Sherwood a contract as a non-interim manager and that was a silly thing to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keep seeing us linked with Conte and I can't work out why he'd come now if he didn't fancy it in the summer. 

37 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I won't be able to make a game on my season ticket this year until Brentford in early December. Looks like I will have missed the entire Nuno era :lol:

rude not to be giving it to me for free???

• Admin

“Nuno is a true gentleman and will always be welcome here."

Not holding my breath he'll be visiting again any time soon.

A further coaching update will follow in due course.

Interesting. Mason for Vitesse on Thursday and Everton on the weekend, with Conte in place for after the international break?

Would Conte come in during the middle of a season? I think for now just let Ryan Mason take charge until the international break after this week and then see where to go from there. 

Conte is the obvious target but the question is will he join in the middle of a season and will he get what he wants and the control he wants. 

I do think this reflects more badly on Levy et Al than Nuno himself. The manager search before the season was shambolic to say the least...this is either a smart move to recognise he isn't the right man for the job now or a big massive panic move.

Tottenham are only 5 points behind West Ham. That's nothing really.

• Like 1

There's no chance Spurs get Conte when they couldn't get him at the start of the season. Any viable long-term replacement for Nuno will be a lower quality manager who's prepared to accept that the opportunity comes with a broken team, poor business management, and a good chance of being sacked before getting a chance to improve the squad.