Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 (E3)

King Ellis

No more xbox laaaaads.

We're all going to be playstation laaaads.

It's going to be so strange! Before the reveals, I never would have predicted the majority the EWB 360 crew would be going for PS4.

Expected a few - down to Xbox's big decisions - but I think all of us who are thinking of buying are going for PS4.

Is anyone actually still planning to get the X1 at launch?

It's going to be weird going back to Sony after going from PS2 to Xbox360 I've been used to the 360 for so long and then I just feel like they've shafted a lot of people with what they've announced. I think they are relying on 360 users to just stick with them (which would have been the case for me) but it looks like especially on here and in my case the opposite is happening and people are going for what looks to be the better and cheaper option.

• Like 1

Getting used to the Dualshock was something that- for me, was heard to do after being away from it for so long. But there are third party controllers out there (and good ones!) that use the stick layout of the 360. With the specialized nature of the PS4 controller however - I don't know what's going to happen in that respect. I'm sure they'll come out but they'll probably take a while and who knows.. maybe the Dualshock 4 will feel better in my hand than the 3 did.

The new PS4 controller looks like a nice middle ground between the classic DualShock and the 360 controller. Although I dunno if anyone can ever top the 360 controller, unless they really did fix the d-pad on the new one.

The new PS4 controller looks like a nice middle ground between the classic DualShock and the 360 controller. Although I dunno if anyone can ever top the 360 controller, unless they really did fix the d-pad on the new one.

I can't stand the 360 controller, both the default or the one with the d-pad that can be rotated, for fighters. Whenever I try to input a button combo I end up just jumping like a moron. I mean, I am, but still <_< Luckily the One controllers looks to have a proper d-pad instead of the joystick/d-pad combo the 360 has. For any other game I've never had a problem with the d-pad, though.

I got excited about the Borderlands 2 DLC part of the Twitch stream and forgot that the time probably means it won't be happening until 6:30 Eastern <_<

Edited by Vitamin E

That's GameStop though, they always pull that "oh we sold out" then you go to Walmart and they have them stockpiled like cases of beer on Super Bowl weekend.

I also recommend not buying launch hardware though.

• Like 1

Yea, the Gamestop near me already had 10 preorders and they are only taking 20. I didn't preorder, I traded in my 360 though. Got $75 for it..

I don't get the deal with this 'lol Killer Instinct' thing. Just think of it as a demo. I can see where they're coming from regarding people often stick to their favourites in fighting games. Like SSFIV has a massive roster and I don't think I've ever used many of them. Though fighting games are a big thing for local multi so your friends might want a fighter you don't have. But if it's only a buck or two, no big deal?

I'm sure there'll be a full roster bundle or premium version that has everything so I don't see the problem with offering a choice.

It's a niche genre that they might sway a few people into by offering a free version. Just seems odd that yesterday everyone was like 'People like Killer Instinct?' and now you're using it as another stick to beat the One with.

But Jago is terrible though, TBF.