Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 (E3)

King Ellis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gmywDbnC5oc

The Pokemon X and Y trailer. Confirmed a new Fairy type and introducing a new way to bond with Pokemon. October 12th can't come soon enough.

Neither can 2014 with that Smash video. Really looking forward to it on the 3DS.

You can use it to remotely play PS4 games, pretty much like the Wii U gamepad. Sony made it a mandatory feature on all PS4 games (and one would assume PSN titles that launch on PS4) except for those that are based around the Playstation Eye (I imagine things like Just Dance etc).

Another reason for me to get a PS4: they'll most likely get all of the quirky/non-mainstream JRPGs like Persona, Disgaea and others.

Yeah between this and the Vita it's very certain that all but a few JRPG's are winding up with Sony. Nintendo will get the rest, and once Wii U is cheap enough to justify it I'll get that.

Planning on a PS4 at launch and a Vita somewhere down the line. As someone who 95% of the time plays used games that was a dealbreaker for me. It's the biggest deal of this generation to me, quite frankly.

I also want Titanfall (but it's coming to the 360!) and DR3, but I can live without it (for a few years. Then I'll get an Xbox One).

I hate to agree with Ruki because he's Ruki, but I'm right there with Ruki. Ruki.

• Like 1

OH TITANFALL FOR 360?

Well that was easy.

Everyone I used to play with must get a PS4 and we must ride again. In something:( Please :(

You know I will, baby. See you at launch?

Does it have a nice looking dash/home screen/etc?

Shame the console is ugly though.

Ignoring the conversation about what's better, do people actually care about these things? This isn't a dismissal of your criticisms of the PS4 but I can't get my head around the fact that soembody would actually care about either of these things. I couldn't even draw you a picture of my PS3 looks like. Its black and bulky, that's about all I could remember about how it looks without looking at it. The dash/home screen is just there until my film/game/i-player loads up and has whatever theme/wallpaper I downloaded for it. It was Life on Mars at one stage, now I think its Sackboy Christmas.

My console requirements (not in any particular order) are: Affordable price, let's me play pre-owned games, I can play games whenever I want (i.e. problems with my internet connection won't stop me playing), has games that I'd like to play. Everybody's going to have their own criteria, but do people genuinely look at their console and worry about it being ugly? Its not like wearing a shit shirt out in public. I just find it a strange thing to pick up on. Maybe that's just me though.

Uhm, hell yes I do. It's hundreds of whatever currency yr spending, why wouldn't you want it to look good? All the glamour shots of the PS3 standing up are hideous, it looks much better flat in the photo someone posted about bolt/italics. People care, and you're a fool to think they don't. You think companies don't put loads of effort into the aesthetic side of consoles? Just look at how much the current gen has changed over time in design.

As for dash, fuck to the yes. It's a massive part of your console. Your homepage, your gateway. The 360's is brilliant, the PS3's is primitive, to me, at least. It has to be so many things, all at the same time. It's important that it looks and works a certain way. Couldn't give a flying flip about wallpaper/themes, but it's the overall design of the dash that matters.

I suppose that was badly phrased. What I meant was what they had to offer was a series of incremental improvements rather than anything especially groundbreaking.

They didn't try and reinvent the wheel, and any changes are a lot more low-key than Microsoft's.

I actually think that's a good thing. I don't care about all the extra stuff. But it's not the most inspiring approach to take.

This, and Skummy's post that follows, kinda sums up how I feel. I think Sony had a lot of work to do to catch up the 360 as a gaming console. So everything they've done is just kind of.. doing that. Whereas the 360 was a sensational console for gaming, and Microsoft decided to expand on it, and push themselves and their console into new directions.

As it stands, I think I'm leaning towards the PS4. Mainly because of the price. Also because I'd rather keep my 360 than my PS3.. I could then get Titanfall & Fifa on the 360.. and keep that until the X1 drops in price. The evil negatives of the X1 bother me in principal more than in practically. It doesn't bother me f they want me to check in every 24 hours, I don't care that I can't trade games for it, and I'm not fussed at all about backwards compatibility.. but in principal the first two are just irksome.

I do think this war will be a lot closer than people think. People writing off the X1 are silly.. fanboys will flock to buy this. In their masses. I imagine developers/publishers are going to back it strongly and push for it's success, too. The games they're producing for the X1 look fantastic, and I think all the added racing stripes people will eventually see as worthwhile bonuses.

If it's true the PS4 wont be launching until after Christmas, then I think the X1 will benefit from that, too.