Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 (E3)

King Ellis

Srar! Hey, Srar!

Dead Rising 3 will have no time limits and it will have auto-saves!

There is a completely optional mode that adds the old school difficulty back in!

Sure you wont reconsider that pre-order?!

In other 'internet jumps to conclusions' news:

During the GameSpot E3 2013 stage event a few of the game developers from Double Helix Games were on stage to discuss their newly announced title Killer Instinct.

In particular a few rather important notes were made, the first thing mentioned was that there was a small misconception with the game being free-to-play. While the game is a launch title for the Xbox One, fans will be able to purchase the full game on it's release. There will also be a demo which comes with Jago as playable character where you can play all of the game's modes including online mutliplayer.

If you decided after playing the demo that you liked the game, you can selectively purchase packages which feature various characters.

Yesterday, during the announcement trailer Double Helix also showed off the character Glacius. It was confirmed that he would be fully playable during EVO 2013.

The last thing that was talked about was the game's 40 training lessons to try and teach players how to learn the game.

What do you think the PS4's first party game will be? I reckon it will be Singstar, And then the second party game might be Buzz the music quiz or some shit like that.

No idea what the third one will be. I'll have to find out because I might not be able to trade it in.

• Like 3

Lawl, PS4 FIRST PARTY games are the Only ones to guarantee no DRM for used games.

http://kotaku.com/third-party-publishers-will-have-final-say-on-used-game-512643240

Opens a while new flood gate and possibilities

It does, but if you're EA and you've witnessed the backlash to XBone would you really risk it on PS4? Consumer goodwill is really, really important.

But, since the PS4 doesn't need to be connected to the internet it makes it really hard to enforce anything. Basically on PS4 you can probably get around DRM the way I've been doing it with music, movies, etc. for a fucking decade.

If Sonys joypads were covered in painful spikes I'm fairly sure Microsoft would have mentioned that too.

I don't really have anything to add, I just wanted to say that I love the idea of a series of adverts saying "X-Box One: The console without controllers covered in painful spikes."

And, yeah, we're going round in circles now on the discussion of Sony's main focus being not doing what the X-Box does - but my real point is that yes, it makes sense if you're of the mindset that you need to own one console or the other. But I'm not sold on either, and Sony shouldn't just be pitching to that existing market - what have they got to win me over? They've given me plenty of reasons not to buy an X-Box, but very few reasons to buy a Playstation.

I fucking love Wii Fit Trainer being in Smash Bros. That's exactly the type of silliness that game thrives on - it's no weirder than Mr Game & Watch being in there. And, like Sousa said, this is a series that includes the likes of Ness, Marth and the fucking Ice Climbers, yet people are acting as if it's only "iconic" Nintendo characters and that the inclusion of the Trainer is somehow belittling the concept. If anything, it makes it better, and it's always fun when Nintendo have a little joke at their own expense RE: fitness games.

It does, but if you're EA and you've witnessed the backlash to XBone would you really risk it on PS4? Consumer goodwill is really, really important.

Lol, EA and "consumer goodwill", basically.

Assuming a publisher decides to stop trading (as it is now) on both consoles, only Microsoft have the system to facilitate the new game-locked-to-user style and then only the X1 can swap/trade that game. Very much thinking EA here.

That would be weird.

Lawl, PS4 FIRST PARTY games are the Only ones to guarantee no DRM for used games.

http://kotaku.com/third-party-publishers-will-have-final-say-on-used-game-512643240

Which is pretty much what it is now. If you want to put an online pass in your game which can only be used once, go ahead. That is pretty much it.

'If you don't have the internet, well, fuck you, you're stuck with the 360'

Wow. It's like he knew his career was mortally wounded so he committed ritual career suicide as an act of final redemption.

EDIT- The last time someone ended their career this violently in front of a camera, Filter wrote a song about it. Etc.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Which is pretty much what it is now. If you want to put an online pass in your game which can only be used once, go ahead. That is pretty much it.

Not really because all cross platform games will, at least for Xbox, be unable to be traded. They may just be tempted to do it for both.