Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 (E3)

King Ellis

Killer Instinct seems to be trying the League of Legends model. I get it. LoL gave you more than one character, though, and means of unlocking extra characters without having to pay actual money.

I don't get the deal with this 'lol Killer Instinct' thing. Just think of it as a demo. I can see where they're coming from regarding people often stick to their favourites in fighting games. Like SSFIV has a massive roster and I don't think I've ever used many of them. Though fighting games are a big thing for local multi so your friends might want a fighter you don't have. But if it's only a buck or two, no big deal?

I'm sure there'll be a full roster bundle or premium version that has everything so I don't see the problem with offering a choice.

It's a niche genre that they might sway a few people into by offering a free version. Just seems odd that yesterday everyone was like 'People like Killer Instinct?' and now you're using it as another stick to beat the One with.

But Jago is terrible though, TBF.

I wasn't using it as a stick, in fact I didn't realise it was an X-box only thing, I was just pointing out that Killer Instinct is rubbish. Rats even.

Yeah no way we are dumping our 360. It's still a great console

I was going to pre-order a PS4, but decided to wait. Like zero said, launch day hardware can have alot of issues that waiting 6 months or so can work out.

And I wasn't "dumping" my 360. I haven't bought a new game for it since MAss Effect 3...haven't turned it on for months until I wiped the data off it today. Just came down to the fact I don't use it anymore, so thought I'd get rid of it

Can't watch but which console is it on?

Not sure. I started watching after it started. But it does say "PRE-ALPHA" in the upper left corner, so you might not be missing much.

Some of the stuff shown looks amazing, though. Taking down entire buildings to change the battlefield looks incredible.

EDIT: They're taking a break from it now. I think they'll be coming back with more gameplay, though.

Edited by Vitamin E

Hahahaha whaaaaaat.

o_O

I wanted to see if there was a Smash Bros. subreddit to see what the response was, and there is. One of the comments sums up exactly my reaction;

What a terrible character choice. Ridiculous. My enthusiasm for this game just went pretty far down.

Edit: You know what? No. It's fucking hilariously ridiculous. I'm on board. It's dumb as hell and I love it.

APPARENTLY NOT.

And yeah, no idea why people are down on the Wii Fit Trainer when a series staple is Marth, who hasn't been in a non-re-released US game.

Unless you count kind of being in Awakening, kind of.

I need to get a 3DS, but I worry I'd play it about as much as my DS, which is not a lot. Someone reccommend me RPGs for the DS in the Nintendo thread.

I only mention it because someone posted saying rumor is it won't be released till after the holiday season. So yeah.

I don't know if I'm supposed to mention this, but stores have been assured it'll be out before Christmas. Which is intriguing as it gives them a very small window if the One is coming at the beginning of November. If they go later, they're risking losing some Christmas business. Not sure how much earlier they'd want to go though. Possibly October to catch the AC launch?