NFL 2019

Maxx

You guys do realize Albert Haynesworth was allowed to stay in the league after taking off Andre Gurode's helmet and then stomping on his face, right?  No criminal charges either.

Garrett will be gone for the year, that's all that's going to happen.

I don't see how Rudolph should have been suspended, Garret is the one who escalated it past normal football shit.

Also find the outrage hilarious, because it's like everyone wants to pretend it's not a violent game (always has been, always will be) until that violence books over, then they throw their arms up in the air about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taxation is Theft said:

I am worried that Garrett will never play again. Then again, Todd Bertuzzi and Marty MacSourley were allowed back after assaulting other players. 

Oh, he'll be back. He'll probably get drilled next time he plays the Steelers, but he'll be back. Unfortunately. Personally, I hope the motherfucker never plays again.

*edited to add* Deion Sanders is saying Rudolph should have been fined for starting or escalating the situation. Was he watching the same thing as everyone else? And apparently OJ Simpson has a video on Twitter where he gives his opinion. Will not watch it and do not care what he has to say about anything ever.

Edited by GhostMachine

Yeah, Rudolph helped instigated this.  Garrett took him to the ground and while that was happening Rudolph grabbed his helmet and tried to pull it off.  Then it blew up, but that’s what started it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Yeah, Rudolph helped instigated this.  Garrett took him to the ground and while that was happening Rudolph grabbed his helmet and tried to pull it off.  Then it blew up, but that’s what started it.

And if it had stopped there, no one gets suspended because it's a normal football scuffle. Garrett is the one who escalated it.

• Like 2

I think all the suspensions are correct only Rudolph should have gotten 1 game too.

It's the longest ever ban for a single incident and Garrett has no previous offences so I think 8 games is fine given the precedent of what Haynseworth did.

Separate from all of this, I've gotta say, being an Odell fantasy owner this year has been about the most frustrating fantasy football related thing I can remember.  Drafted him in the second round, too early to ever really bench him and he's always ranked as a top 20 play just based on who he is.  Gets like 50 yards on the first drive last night, looks like he's going to break out for the first time since week 2.  Ends the game with 60 yards total.

It's not even like he never gets open, it feels like they're paying him to be a very expensive decoy and keep the top CB on the other team tied up.  Mayfield goes long stretches of game without ever even looking in his direction.

52 minutes ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

Separate from all of this, I've gotta say, being an Odell fantasy owner this year has been about the most frustrating fantasy football related thing I can remember.  Drafted him in the second round, too early to ever really bench him and he's always ranked as a top 20 play just based on who he is.  Gets like 50 yards on the first drive last night, looks like he's going to break out for the first time since week 2.  Ends the game with 60 yards total.

It's not even like he never gets open, it feels like they're paying him to be a very expensive decoy and keep the top CB on the other team tied up.  Mayfield goes long stretches of game without ever even looking in his direction.

YUP

they should void his contract with Pittsburgh and make him play for Miami

Honestly people do have short memories when it comes to fights boiling over. Turkey Jones could have left Terry Bradshaw a quadriplegic back in 1976. Albert Haynesworth could have killed someone. Burfict has actively tried to concuss multiple players and has had multiple suspensions for it.

I think it's better to move discipline in a tougher direction, but giving Garrett the indefinite suspension is a good start. I suspect he misses the first 4-6 weeks of next season as well. Making it the 2nd longest in history without being so beyond the pale the NFLPA revolts.

Also, for equity in punishments they really should start suspending instigators and agitators. Only for like a game or two. But get across the message that fighting has no place in the game.