NFL 2019

Maxx

3 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I just realized the high pick I was happy that we would at least get isn't ours is it? Still paying for Mack right?

2 hours ago, DFF said:

Yeah, Raiders have your 1st and 3rd rounder for 2020 IIRC

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

The guy the Raiders drafted with the first pick they got for Mack currently has more sacks than Mack.

Correction: They got Josh Jacobs with the pick who has been great. But Mack's lineup replacement I believe has more sacks than him.

Maxx Crosby is bringing the sacks, dudes been balling out. Ferrell doesn't have the stats, but has started to come on.

Yeah I think long-term having Mack is huge given how quickly a team can turnover a roster. It's like Denver with Von Miller or the Texans with JJ Watt. You have a generational centerpiece.

Raiders loading up on talent is great for them too, and avoiding a massive Mack deal can help them spend that money elsewhere.

Mack showed his value in 2016, it seemed like he made every play the Raiders needed defensively. The drawback to that is it set an expectation that maybe only Lawrence Taylor could live up to. 

I still think the Bears can get it together, though maybe not this season. Honestly, they have two second rounders, maybe package them together to get into the mid-late first and grab Tua after he falls.

30 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Don't get my hopes up! I already imagined Tua as a Bear and my Uncle making inappropriate comments about his last name 

The Bears should be like the Ravens with Lamar and have zero contact with him until you draft him to the surprise of everyone. Catch all the other teams off guard.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Tua's expected to start throwing in March so he may not deal with that feared draft slide.

I think he definitely falls out of the top 10, especially if he's just starting to throw in March. Even if he doesn't, one of the top QBs will likely be available in the middle of the first.

I'm not sure they'll do that to Mitch, maybe work on the offensive line instead.

I could see Cam Newton or Andy Dalton ending up in Chicago next year tbh. 

I think a lot of the Cam leaving Carolina talk is baseless. Everyone assumes because they can move on from him this off-season they will, but Kyle Allen is trash and I doubt Will Grier will be much more.

Give Cam as much time off as needed to get healthy and get him back out there with CMAC and see what happens.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

I think a lot of the Cam leaving Carolina talk is baseless. Everyone assumes because they can move on from him this off-season they will, but Kyle Allen is trash and I doubt Will Grier will be much more.

Give Cam as much time off as needed to get healthy and get him back out there with CMAC and see what happens.

I think that's going to cool off the more Kyle Allen struggles. Then again people have wanted him out of there since day 1 really so maybe not that much.