NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

If previous years are anything to go by, pretty much that exact dunk but not in a game. I dunno, to me a dunk is pretty much a dunk. It's only super impressive if it's in the flow of a game or involves throwing it down over or around defence which doesn't exist in a dunk contest. Unless someone takes off from the 3pt line, does a flip or something else amazing I can't really see how it's more impressive than someone gliding past three defenders in game.

Normally I'm just meh and ignore it, but I was posting on an NBA board and they're acting like it's the biggest event of the year.

Went to the Mavs game last night and watched them trounce a Jazz team that was barely trying. Marvin Williams started out insanely hot, went 7 for 7 and then was abruptly benched. I hate the Jazz' coach for denying me the chance to witness Marvin Williams score a career high.

Guess what the Pistons did. They fired their head coach. Shocking I know, not like they have a history of that.

In all honesty, it's a good move. They all have been good firings, problem is, we have hired some shitty head coaches over the last few years. The team has under performed, and Cheeks has had some sort of altercation with just about everybody on the roster. I was disappointed with the hiring when I thought there were a few other candidates that would have been better, especially when Cheeks didn't have a good track record.

The fucked up part is we actually have a two game winning streak, and have clawed back to within a 1/2 game back of the 8th spot in the Eastern Conference. Still, this season has been a huge disappointment with us blowing numerous fourth quarter leads (where have I heard that one before?) and losing badly to many of the leagues bottom feeders. They need to make a trade still, and add a wing player, and maybe some bench depth.