NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

Pretty good All Star selections this year, dig seeing Oladipo and Beal make it in. Also yay for Aldridge being back in All Star form :D

EDIT: Also delighted that Parker's handed the reins over to Dejounte, kid is special.

Edited by Tyrone
  • Like 1

Damn :( Pels have really started to put it together lately and get players outside of AD, Boogie and Holiday to contribute, and now this happens. Feel really bad for Boogie, he was having an absurdly good year and the playoffs seemed like a real possibility.

1 hour ago, Tyrone said:

I expect he'll be gone next, but I didn't foresee DeAndre outlasting CP3 and Blake in LA.

Good luck with that. He's got a max deal until 2022. He's moveable to a team desperate for that missing piece, but that's a small market.

EDIT - This was actually Blake's contract. He was unmoveable yet still got moved.

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

Considering his track record with injuries, the Pistons would be giving up too much for Griffin. But apparently, they're getting two other players, not just Griffin.

The Pistons needed to make this move. The team is stagnant. Bradley was not playing well, Boban is trash, and Tobias is good but not Griffins caliber. 

The Jazz's City jersey is so ugly, the Warriors are too scared to play any defense tonight.

Kevin Love injured his hand tonight and is out for six to 8 weeks. Would love it (pun intended) if the Jazz could somehow pull off a trade for him. Derrick Favors, Rodney Hood, and our first round pick for Love. Would even throw in either Rubio or Alec Burks. Pipe dream, but could be a great move for the Jazz. And gives the Cavs a pretty good start if LeBron does leave this off season.

Also, James Harden with the first 60 point triple double in NBA history. Guy is amazing.

18 hours ago, Pooker said:

Also, James Harden with the first 60 point triple double in NBA history. Guy is amazing.

I have a completely different view of Harden based on the last two years with him playing point guard. He's an amazing scorer, that's obvious, but I questioned his defense and thought he was a ball-hog. He's just been an amazing PG for the Rockets, gets all his teammates involved and Gordon, Ariza, and Capela have benefited so much from playing with him.

Also, sad news:

Edited by Tyrone

Yeah I saw it in a game recap before I knew he got injured, Canaan went up for the layup and Wes Matthews went up to defend it. Canaan landed awkwardly and a few seconds later you can see the leg bent out of shape. It's pretty horrible, but compared to the Hayward injury it looks less terrible, no close-up of the injury either like with Hayward.

Fucking terrible shit, though. And there's no reason to watch it.

I am 100% dead serious.

If LeBron opts out and joins the Warriors, I will never ever watch another second of the NBA. I'll be done forever and I won't miss it a bit.

The fact that he even admitted he'd be up for it makes me lose a lot of respect for the guy, and I'm not even a LeBron hater. But that's pathetic. 

• Like 1