Football Manager 2020

Lineker

Played FM19 for the first time today. Did they actually change anything about the game for FM20 or were teams, leagues, and players, etc. just updated for the new season? It feels basically identical.

Thought I'd actually post about my current FM game:

2019/20 - Kilmarnock

Transfer summary - Started off as Kilmarnock and my only real signings of note was Joe Ledley and Ross Wallace in on a free transfer and in the January; I loaned in Noa Lang (Ajax - AMC). So not much really due to a limited budget both in terms of wages and transfer funds.
SPL -  Draws are what stopped the team from pushing further. 16 wins, 13 draws and 9 losses (4 of them against Celtic) meant we finished 4th on 61 points (7 behind Aberdeen in 3rd) 
Europa League - After smashing Kauno Zalgiris and then squeaking past Brondby, we went out to Zorya 2-1 on agg after getting beat 2-0 away. 
Scottish Cup - I got quite a good draw all the way through the competition. Beating Hamilton,  Livingston, St Mirren after a replay and beating Dundee United to reach the final. We beat Rangers in the final on penalties with Ross Wallace scoring the winner
League Cup - Got battered by Hibs 4-1 in the quarters...Less said the better

2020/21 - Kilmarnock / Derby County

Background - The season at Kilmarnock started off slightly frustrating as I had made a lot of changes, bringing in a number of players following Stuart Findlay going to Southampton for 4.5mil. This meant I could strengthen the team but due to the financial gap between Celtic/Rangers and then everyone else it started to play off as despite becoming stronger myself, those two teams just became stronger themselves. Probably due to this wide spread changes it meant a lot of games I was dominating but I was concededing goals. I got offered the Derby County job who were 16th in the Championship at the time and I thought it'd be a chance to progress somewhat whilst turning the ship. 

Kilmarnock Transfer Summary - 
Harvey St Clair became a permanent signing, Anton Kresic joined from Atlanta and I took a dip for free transfers from the Prem in Will Norris, Alfie Jones and Connor Johnson whilst also bringing Scott Pitman. Stuart Findlay was the only real outgoing which helped fund the signings. 

SPL - I left the team on the 22nd December 2020 to join Derby County. At the time we were languishing in 7th following 5 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses
League Cup - We beat Rangers in the final meaning two trophies 
Europa League - Had two entertaining games against Leipzig in the 3rd Qualifier Round. 1-1 at home followed by a 3-1 defeat away which didn't really reflect the match as Werner scored 97th minute as I was pushing in the final 10 minutes to get a 2nd goal to advance on away goals. 

Derby County Transfer Summary
Got Rhian Brewster in on loan and managed to pull off a bargain by getting Maxime Lopez in from Marseille for 1.2mil as he had 6 months left on his contract. Skipp from Spurs came in on loan to form a good centre mid partnership with Lopez and Sean McDermott came in on a free from Kristiansund to play in goal. Signed Kuki Zalazar in from Valladolid for 500k as well. Sold Craig Forsyth to Preston for 650k, Jonathan Mitchell for 200k to Blackburn and Marcus Sheldon (regen) went to Leeds for 500k rising to 2.5mil.

Championship - 17 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses upon taking over with the 2 draws being the first 2 matches in charge.  Battered QPR 8-1 away from home and managed to sneak into the playoffs in 6th place on the final day of the season. The run of form meant I was confident going into the playoffs. Beat Swansea 5-3 on aggregate and beat Bristol City 2-1 in a nervy final to secure promotion

FA Cup - Lost to Sheffield Wednesday in the 3rd round...yeh....

2021-22 - Derby County
Background - So I've only played 8 games so far in the Prem and i'm currently in 3rd with 5 wins (big home wins against Chelsea 2-0 and Arsenal 4-1), 2 draws and 1 loss (2-1 away to Watford). Couldn't have asked for a better start really especially considering 3 points seperate 2nd to 10th. United are currently 4 points clear ahead of Liverpool.

Transfer Summary
Andre Wisdom left to Hull for 675k in the only real outgoing that wasn't either on loan or someone leaving on a free. 
I signed 4 regens but in terms of major incomings they were as follows:
Odegaard - AMC (Loan from Madrid) 
Oscar - AMC (2.7mil from Castilla)
Andrija Balic - MC (1.5mil from Leeds)
Jack Butland - GK (7.75mil from Stoke)
Jake Clarke-Salter - DC (Free from Chelsea)
Ebere Eze - AML/AMC (2.5mil rising to 8mil from QPR)
Thierry Corriera - DR (3.6mil from Lille)
Joe Aribo - MC (9.25mil from Rangers)
David Turnbull - MC (3.6mil from Motherwell) 
Scott McKenna - DC (6.5mil from Aberdeen)
Brewster - ST (Loan from Liverpool) 

So I've signed a lot of young players to match the club vision whilst also aiming for people I can develop more to hopefully solidify myself in the league and potentially sell people for profit if need be. 

INTERNATIONAL JOBS:
Serbia - Joined in July 2020 and left by November 2020. Lost 3, drew 2 and won 1. Got relegated in the Nations League and quit before I got pushed. Couldn't get the most of the players on offer despite there being some really talented player

Ivory Coast - Joined in July 2021 and won all 4 of my games so far (although 3 of them have been friendlies and the competitive game was against Chad which was extremely easy as I won 10-0) so it's too early to judge so far. 

Tactic:
image.png

• Like 1

Better to leave after the two cup wins then drag them down the table like I was doing towards the end. 

Got them now as a feeder club though so I can help them somewhat still 

• Sad 1

On FM16, my star forward wants to leave.

My team got mad at me for rejecting a bid for him and then got mad at me for accepting a transfer bid.

I think 'Could do a Cube diary' for literally every Football Manager save I start.

I can only imagine how the Swansea one would have gone when I won promotion and then won like...five? Premier League games the next season.

Just now, DavidMarrio said:

Wasn't there an attempt at a network diary a while back?

I do recall it.

I would be interested in a network game of some sort, however, now that I have the game and a laptop capable of running the game well.

33 minutes ago, Gorka said:

The Many Minds of Ernesto Wamberto Brito Pt. 2 or bust.

Part IV: A New Hope?