Football Manager 2014

Dan

Second in the league after 20 games. Predicted to finish 18th but by going all-out attack we've managed to grab a few early goals against big teams and then holding on for 60-odd minutes. Only problem is that the owner wants out so it's somewhat limiting our growth and development.

Playing as Leeds, taking over in December, finished as expected the first season, board want playoffs next season, I win the Championship.

Club gets taken over, new chairman says he wants to replace me.

Still waiting on that nail in the coffin, they're really making me sweat.

The replacement they want (Iain Brunstill, played for LFC in the 90's, coach at Blackburn, managed some team in malta) was at my last game (2-0 win over West Brom) as well. :(

Player plays 8 out of 8 possible games after signing, but is struggling to settle in Italy, so I send him home for month.

First day back and he's moaning about lack of first team football :facepalm:

At the moment Timothy Chandler has both "Slight Concern: lack of first team football" and, on his Information screen, "Happy about the amount of first team football he's getting".

Stranger still, considering he has started nearly every game.

One of my youth players was dubbed 'The Next David Platt'. Cool, good player. Next time I check he has been dubbed 'The Next Paul Ince'. Uh oh, this is going downhill fast. Next week he will be 'The New Mark Draper'

• Like 2

One of my youth players was dubbed 'The Next David Platt'. Cool, good player. Next time I check he has been dubbed 'The Next Paul Ince'. Uh oh, this is going downhill fast. Next week he will be 'The New Mark Draper'

'The next David Platt' is Dan Gosling... :s

I also take Adam Campbell being described as 'the next Michael Owen' as an insult to the lad.

Managing Blackpool. Sitting 10th. Deadline day - January 2014 and I was really struggling for players. Ended up taking in... Jari Litmanen!

He did an ok job. Ended up reaching the playoff final and losing out. However, I didn't notice I actually offered him a 1 and a half year deal instead of just a 6 month one.. so he stayed and played as a bit part player the following season (We won the playoffs this time)

I'm now into my 4th season with Blackpool. Finished 8th in my debut season in the prem. Jari is now my Under 21's Manager.

His fitness is balls, but he was good playing just behind my two strikers. Either starting and coming off after 60-60mins or coming on as an extra attacking threat. I would say he is worth a punt for anyone managing lower Championship and below. Very cheap and always gave me a little chuckle when reading the match reports.