Football Manager 2014

Dan

Just firefox and media player. It seems to be playing normal though. Could have just been because my laptop was charging, whereas it's usually full when I see that screen.

Browsers are massive memory whores, so if you got a lot of tabs open it can bring your ''performance'' down a notch.

Hbob's silly Bohemians FM2012 game:

It's 2019. After 3 or so years of failing to get into the Champions League groups my Bohemians have made it through the qualifiers! We've been handed Barcelona, Standard Liege and Porto. Which will be interesting.

Because of my successes 2 Irish clubs get into the CL qualifiers. Shamrock Rovers failed miserably when faced with Valencia but head into a Europa League group with Dinamo Kiev, Udinese and Ghent.

And Waterford United only failed to get into the Europa League group stages on away goals after their play off with Sporting CP finished 4-4 on agg.

Basically the entire point of this save is to see if I can highhandedly drag the Airtricity League up by the bootstraps. This was the first season where an abundance of Irish teams have had a chance to get into main European competition and they didn't do too badly.

EDIT: Hah! Bohemians have a better co-efficient rating in this game than Spurs do!

I've done that thing where I let the computer register my team for European games and now I have only 1 decent center back for Champions League games.

Hah.

I click "Auto" out of laziness but then check through to see what important players the computer has missed off. I seem to recall that it tried to leave out all but one of my summer signings when I did it last night...

So I decided to create a tactic (4-1-2-2-1), and going into my first home game of the season I expected it to be a pathetic failure of the usual variety...

Until...

3d487699f7f3c6815567b9eba8196e02.png

Eight fucking zero for me!

The only missed shot was a hopeless long-range bomb, the others where all amazing shots in their own right.

Needless to say i'm shocked...

• Like 1

See if they'll take him for 50

Knowing FM, they won't haggle for the ''mere'' 1.5M extra.

That said, I wish PSG would offer 48.5M for my ''future star'' newgens, the Portuguese league is a money trap and I am forced to have the lowest wage of the league just to make a decent profit.

So with Verona went from playing to avoid relegation on the last day of the first season to playing for a spot in the Champion's League on the last day of the second. Finally getting the hand of this game.

That said, I didn't get the Champion's League spot. Actually, I didn't even get a Europa League. Fuck this game.

:crying:

Edited by Pepsi Twist

I've now got Domenico Berardi up front and he's unstoppable. 23 Prem goals in 36 Games, 16 assists and helped my Blackpool team finish 7th (Media prediction 12th, 2nd season in the prem)

Got him for £7Million, club record fee, when he was at Benfica but couldn't break into the first team. Took him 6 months to settle (just finished my 2nd season with him) but after that he's been fantastic. Got Juventus, Newcastle (richest club in the world now), Dortmund, Man City and Arsenal all after him.

First player I'd call a must from my time with FM14.

Started a game as Gibraltar.

Drew 1-1 with Canada, beat Bonaire (who?) 3-2 and got tonked 0-5 by Moldova, 0-6 by Estonia and 0-8 by Belarus in friendlies.

My Euro qualifying group is Portugal, Switzerland, Czech Rep, Cyprus and Moldova. :crying: