2015 NFL Season

Dan

Wha....what the hell was that?  Why didn't he throw a block?!

But even before that, he's just dancing around.  Even if he tries and slightly misses, it'll throw off the defenders timing just enough to get some yardage

• Like 1

The Bears have traded Jared Allen to the Panthers.

And the Bears have also now traded away Jonathan Bostic to the Patriots for a sixth rounder. Apparently we got a provisional sixth rounder for Allen.

Adam Schefter has said there's a fire sale going on in Chicago. I don't know if he was referring to those two moves or if more are on the way. I've heard that Willie Young could be gone too but that's just a rumour at this point.

We've need to do a full rebuild for a good three seasons so I'm okay with this but it is rather jarring. 

Since I won't have Tom Brady in my money league this week, and Phillip Rivers has 6 interceptions already this season, I'm going to drop him for Derek Carr because he's playing well and playing the Bears.  Sorry @dedhemingway (change it back) I may ruin the Raiders season.

Edited by Maxx

Well, if I don't watch another NFL game this season then you can write in the Cardinals as Super Bowl champions already.

I was all set to watch this weeks game but then my girlfriend travelled up to stay instead so I didn't watch it after all...and we absolutely slaughtered the 49ers. Now I know how bad an off-season they had, but I'm never going to say "it's only the 49ers". Fitz is in vintage form, Palmer is on a hot roll and frankly everything looks like it's hitting the mark in these early games. I am hopeful that injuries and such stay away this year and the fates can finally align for a deep post-season run. Arians has been building well for a couple of years now and I hope it finally leads to some substance. Having to resort to Ryan Lindley in a play off game last year was so disheartening.

• Like 1

• Admin

NEW YORK - A New York federal appeals court says February will be the earliest it will hear arguments in the NFL's appeal of the lifting of a four-game suspension of New England quarterback Tom Brady in the "Deflategate" controversy.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said Tuesday that oral arguments could be heard as early as Feb. 1. The NFL and the NFL Players Association had agreed on the expedited timetable. Lawyers will submit written arguments prior to the oral arguments. Typically, a decision is not immediately rendered once arguments occur.

On Sept. 3, U.S. District Judge Richard Berman ruled that the NFL did not act properly when it suspended Brady for four games after concluding balls were deflated when the Patriots beat the Indianapolis Colts in January's AFC championship game.

Won't happen, but Goodell wins the appeal after the Super Bowl, and the Patriots win, I'd love to see him try to pull this off:

"Tom Brady is retroactively suspended 4 games. This means that the Patriots forfeit 4 wins, since he should have been serving his punishment. Those 4 losses would have kept the Patriots out of the playoffs. Therefore, I am asking for the New England Patriots to turn over their trophy. Your new co-champions: (Whoever the Patriots beat for the AFC championship and whoever the Patriots beat in the Super Bowl.)"

• Like 1

Won't happen, but Goodell wins the appeal after the Super Bowl, and the Patriots win, I'd love to see him try to pull this off:

"Tom Brady is retroactively suspended 4 games. This means that the Patriots forfeit 4 wins, since he should have been serving his punishment. Those 4 losses would have kept the Patriots out of the playoffs. Therefore, I am asking for the New England Patriots to turn over their trophy. Your new co-champions: (Whoever the Patriots beat for the AFC championship and whoever the Patriots beat in the Super Bowl.)"

The funniest part is you think 4 losses tacked on would keep the Patriots from qualifying for the playoffs.  Their schedule is cake this year, they have a shot at going 16-0.