Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lineker

Football Manager 2020

Recommended Posts

If it's the same as it's been for the last 10 years or so, it'll be a case of downloading a file and placing it in the correct folder, then reloading the skin from the settings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a Newcastle tycoon takeover save to fuck about with during the free trial. Some Chinese lad pumped £226m into the club so I sacked all the staff and replaced them, sold £75m worth of players that wanted to leave or were dead wood, and then spunked £319m on a new team, so my first eleven looks like

GK: Angus Gunn

DR: David Calabria

DL: Alex Grimaldo

DC: Merih Demiral

DC: Unai Nunez

MC: Rodrigo Bencantur

MC: Donny van de Beek

AMR: David Neres

AMC: Jack Grealish

AML: ASM

ST: Eduoard

And I've got Justin Kluivert and Piotr Zielinski on the bench.

ok.png

Going OK so far... Real Madrid decided to celebrate Benzema's testimonial by not selecting him and going 3-0 down in the opening eight minutes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe the 'overlapping player collects a pass and dribbles to the goal line, stops, looks across the penalty area at his team mate unmarked on the edge of the six yard box, makes eye contact with him, hesitates, waits, gives him a thumbs up, dithers, stalls, pauses, thinks about putting in a cross, ponders the metaphysical conundrums of the universe, checks his lottery results, waves to his grandma in the crowd, checks that his team mate is still waiting for a pass, then plays a pass against the nearest defenders shins for a corner' bug is still in the game, it's been in the match engine for years.

I feel like they don't update a lot of stuff either year to year, I'm already bored of playing against teams playing 4-2-3-1. There's a reason the #10 role is pretty much dead in modern elite football.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The match engine this year is truly awful. I don't feel as though tactics even matter anymore, it seems too random. 

"Low crosses", and all I see is high crosses to the far post. "Much shorter passing", why do I keep seeing long balls to the forwards?

I think they broke it when they brought in the new tactics model, it doesn't mirror what's happening on the pitch enough.

I see people say that despite the match engine being the worst it's been in years, the game is the best. I don't get how that's possible as at the end of the day, the match engine is the game. Everything else around it seems pointless if it has no real impact in how games play out. AI squad building is still terrible too. 

Edited by Liam Mk2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really poor, it doesn't even look like football at times.

They should have known they had issues when last year, it was apparent that the most overpowered formation was 442. I played about 10 or 11 games on that save before I got bored last night, I think every game had a goal from a deep free kick put into the edge of the six yard box at the back post and tapped in unchallenged and every team I played against dropped off to the half way line before engaging a press. This is the Premier League, where every team bar one (Newcastle) presses high. I had 65% possession against Burnley and 23 shots, winning 3-0 despite Eduoard, my lone striker having six touches all game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never had a major problem with the match engine but that's largely because I don't really know what real football is like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gazz said:

It's really poor, it doesn't even look like football at times.

They should have known they had issues when last year, it was apparent that the most overpowered formation was 442. I played about 10 or 11 games on that save before I got bored last night, I think every game had a goal from a deep free kick put into the edge of the six yard box at the back post and tapped in unchallenged and every team I played against dropped off to the half way line before engaging a press. This is the Premier League, where every team bar one (Newcastle) presses high. I had 65% possession against Burnley and 23 shots, winning 3-0 despite Eduoard, my lone striker having six touches all game.

I still find that AM’s and lone strikers are mostly pointless. They don’t seem to add anything to the game, no matter what you try. 

It’s a result of them needing to bring out a new game every year. I’d much rather them release more of a data update out next year and spend longer perfecting the match engine. Feature wise, they’re almost as complete as you can get, they simply need to refine things. 

Another example would be the club vision, it’s a brilliant addition but it’s still too buggy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lineker said:

Magnificent.

Honestly, his tactical changes that were supposed to make the team concede goals showed incredible lack of vision. My old favourite is to stick every outfield player on the wings (DL, WBL, ML, etc.) and leave a yawning chasm down the centre of the pitch. :shifty: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lineker said:

Magnificent.

has this guy genuinely made 114 videos of himself playing FM? what the phoque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, metalman said:

has this guy genuinely made 114 videos of himself playing FM? what the phoque

Just of that one save game I think too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some fun facts about this guy's YouTube channel the marketing tool extension I have on my browser. It estimates that his channel makes somewhere between $254 and $4.1k per month. His videos average 23,874 daily views, with just over 1 million views in the last 30 days and 31.2 million all-time views across ~1740 videos.

Edited by Naitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It certainly appears to pay the bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HE SHOULD GET A REAL JOB SEND HIM UP A CHIMNEY

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/04/2020 at 00:27, Liam Mk2 said:

I still find that AM’s and lone strikers are mostly pointless. They don’t seem to add anything to the game, no matter what you try. 

This is odd to me - I'm currently running away with the Championship as Brentford playing with an AM and a lone striker.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm playing with sweeper, 2 center backs, offensive minded wing backs, deep lying playmaker at DMC, two MCs, AM and striker. Mostly outdated concepts but it's going great so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I'm AFC Fylde researcher for SI so as you can imagine, spend a lot of time playing the game and just noticed this thread. I've put my Fylde game on the back burner for the moment, I'm currently over in the A-League with Melbourne Victory trying to resurrect their Finals Series hopes. With Fylde, I've been playing three at the back (due to the defenders not being that brilliant and needing to cover for each other) but I've switched over to a wide 4-1-2-3 as they have some decent wingers. Two games to go with Victory and we have a very narrow shot at the top six.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell Miles I said his match engine is shite.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you from Fylde? I keep meaning to go there sometime (not any time soon obvs) to do some research interviews about shale gas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is indeed my local team, I'm in Kirkham not far from the ground and have a season ticket at Mill Farm. It's quite a confused area, the football ground and its surroundings dominate but it's only a non-league club so not overly popular. There are such big clubs within a stones throw with massive histories. Throw in the unrest with fracking and an ageing population, its an odd place really. But I'm thankful to the club, I get a fair bit of access and a free copy of FM every year for doing the research so it all works out in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Charlie Tango said:

It is indeed my local team, I'm in Kirkham not far from the ground and have a season ticket at Mill Farm. It's quite a confused area, the football ground and its surroundings dominate but it's only a non-league club so not overly popular. There are such big clubs within a stones throw with massive histories. Throw in the unrest with fracking and an ageing population, its an odd place really. But I'm thankful to the club, I get a fair bit of access and a free copy of FM every year for doing the research so it all works out in the end.

I used to live in the area and went back last year. Seeing that stadium in the edge of Wrea Green of all places is utterly mad. Startlingly out of place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 23.48.27.png

Will it finally be Spurs year? :o (probably not)

Amusingly, about an hour before this me, Arsenal and Chelsea were level on points at the top, and since then the lad who's Chelsea has lost three league games in a row (one to me (H), one to Man Utd, and one to Fulham) and he's fuming :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

since then the lad who's Chelsea has lost three league games in a row (one to me (H), one to Man Utd, and one to Fulham) and he's fuming :lol:

[INSERT CHELSEA MANAGER NAME HERE] OUT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game will be on Game Pass for PC "soon", as announced on Microsoft's Inside Xbox show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. To learn more, see our Privacy Policy