Football Manager 2020

Lineker

15 minutes ago, Gazz said:

The thing with the match engine is like all engines in games, you fix one thing, but that then might create a problem further down the line with another thing due to how complex the code is.

This is pretty much how SI have approached the issue. Although the way they word it, it almost sounds like they're unaware of how to actually fix most of the constant broken anomalies. 

Match engine issues have plagued the series for as long as I can remember. CM4 was an absolute mess at launch if my memory serves me correctly.

Is it just me, or do your team - if on a run of good form - always play worst after you return to a game you've saved the night before? My Fulham team were unbeaten in ten consecutive, then I started it up the next day and lost 3 winnable games in a row with no obvious reason (injury, cards, etc). It is something I've always felt, though it might just be confirmation bias for when it does happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liam said:

Is it just me, or do your team - if on a run of good form - always play worst after you return to a game you've saved the night before?

YES. <_< 

(Exhibit A: the last match I played yesterday was the one against Port Vale)

fm20.png

5 minutes ago, Liam said:

Is it just me, or do your team - if on a run of good form - always play worst after you return to a game you've saved the night before? My Fulham team were unbeaten in ten consecutive, then I started it up the next day and lost 3 winnable games in a row with no obvious reason (injury, cards, etc). It is something I've always felt, though it might just be confirmation bias for when it does happen.

I literally had a post identical to this typed up the other night. We lost four straight and didn’t even score a goal in those games when I fired up my save the other night. I didn’t even want to play a fifth game, saved it, and tried again the next night and we won 3-0.

7 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

Can edit virtually anything.

I was mainly questioning whether he raised his budgets and also club rep. to get players in.

I actually used to use the editor a little bits to tidy up some of the games that went on a bit longer.You'd end up with things like Bayern, Juve and PSG winning their leagues about ten years in a row so I'd redistribute some of their money across the rest of the league. Not saying that them winning is unrealistic, but my game doesn't have to be shit just because real football is. 😕

I used the editor on FM18 most memorably to make myself Newcastle manager, make myself unsackable, sell everyone, buy one pointless nothing player for all that budget, then holiday with shit tactics til they were in the Vanarama and ruined.

Absolutely pointless but it made me happy. Still a big club now, are you? Jerks.

3 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

I used the editor on FM18 most memorably to make myself Newcastle manager, make myself unsackable, sell everyone, buy one pointless nothing player for all that budget, then holiday with shit tactics til they were in the Vanarama and ruined.

Absolutely pointless but it made me happy. Still a big club now, are you? Jerks.

Yeah I use it to take control of a club but for challenges to save them from relegation not spite :P

On 11/02/2020 at 15:16, Liam Mk2 said:

This is pretty much how SI have approached the issue. Although the way they word it, it almost sounds like they're unaware of how to actually fix most of the constant broken anomalies. 

Match engine issues have plagued the series for as long as I can remember. CM4 was an absolute mess at launch if my memory serves me correctly.

That was where, sometimes I would be 2-0 up, go and make a sub in the tactics screen, and you come back and you were 0-3 down.... good times.

Though the transfer system was also broken, as there was a way you could offer a load of money for a player, have the bid accepted and while you were negotiating the contract, change the offer for the player without having to re-submit it and sign the player for peanuts.  Which is how I signed Ronaldinho for £1m.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

I never knew this Twitter account existed, so thank you for that!

Welp, ended up relegated from the Premier League with Swansea in the end. Somehow, I think the two wins at home all season played a part. 

The final day had myself (18th) away to Aston Villa (17th) with my side having to win to secure safety. So promptly had zero attacking highlights for me and losing 1-0 from a 25-yard strike.