Football Manager 2020

Lineker

8 minutes ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

And I thought I was out of it with FM15...

It's my favorite version. I always enjoyed the good balance of simplicity with the details it still provided. I spent HOURS going through and having fun with the editor to try and help improve the potential of a lot of guys who came good IRL but don't in the game, and just have some fun with it. It's been an absolute blast.

I'm sure I would struggle heavily with FM20 because so much of it has changed, from what I've gathered.

bruceball.png

Modelling Bruceball was a complete success. Not a single clear cut chance conceded. Suck on that Jurgen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

It's my favorite version. I always enjoyed the good balance of simplicity with the details it still provided. I spent HOURS going through and having fun with the editor to try and help improve the potential of a lot of guys who came good IRL but don't in the game, and just have some fun with it. It's been an absolute blast.

I'm sure I would struggle heavily with FM20 because so much of it has changed, from what I've gathered.

I'm in the same boat. I won't get much time to play FM20 while it's free because I'm already behind with work whilst working from home. What I've checked out so far seems to cover the flaws I've found with FM12, which I've put 3,222 hours into according to Steam and have at least 6 active saves I've played in 2020 alone, but definitely goes a bit overboard on the depth in places. At least it seems like you can change staff responsibilities to basically make the game as complex as you want it to be.

2 hours ago, Malenko said:

Out of curiosity, don't you all send them home when that happens? Every single time it happened to me, I just sent whoever it was home. He could be Messi for all I care.

On the older CMs you could request a match postponement if too many players had a virus. You could work it to your advantage sometimes.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Someone loaded up the editor and increased the injury occurance frequency of "serious viral infection"...

Oh god, I hate that, it takes them out for fucking ages doesn’t it. I’ve always wondered if that’s meant to be something specific that they just didn’t want to actually name.

I say always, the few occasions it’s come up would be more accurate.

My work is dead. So, uh, this happened. 

Started unemplyed, no reputation etc. Got a job in November managing the mighty Farsley Celtic FC. 

Managed to move them all the way from 20th to 19th over an incredibly inconsistent season, via a cup run to the FA Cup 3rd Round. The football was largely dreadful, the players weren't great, except I have a very good striker. 

Spent the summer remoulding the squad, picking up young talented players on frees. 

Successful pre-season, lots of good players.

Lost the first game 0-1. Shots 21-2. Classic.

Won the next two, though. 

I'm going to play a dangerous amount of FM. 

8 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Holy shit, FM20 is awful to navigate and I don't like it at all. The squad and tactics layout is so awful compared to what I'm used to with 12. I'm a fucking dinosaur 😂

I have to agree with you there. It might be something which improves with familiarity but it almost feels like there's too much going on at times. I've been struggling to identify player condition and fitness before game because it just doesn't seem to stand out as easily. It probably doesn't help that the pitch interface and player list have swapped sides haha. Quick subs during games seem to make up for it quite a bit, at least.

Started a season with Chelsea, to get an understanding of the general gameplay before I even consider touching the transfers. Pre-season went ok except for a few injuries picked up. Just beat West Ham 3-0 in the season opener