Football Manager 2020

Lineker

48 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I wish they'd update the newgen names a bit. There's no 15 year olds running around today calling themselves Pat. In my anecdotal experience, in about 15 years time, every English professional footballer will be called Alfie, Archie or Jack.

I'm still fond of the Ultimate Soccer  Manager system of generating Youth players where they just took a player name and surname from within the database and smooshed them together resulting in some weird hybrid names for17 year old English players named like, Fabrizio Seaman and Stig Shearer

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hobo said:

I'm still fond of the Ultimate Soccer  Manager system of generating Youth players where they just took a player name and surname from within the database and smooshed them together resulting in some weird hybrid names for17 year old English players named like, Fabrizio Seaman and Stig Shearer

Not FM but one of my favorite OOTP regen players was a 5’3” black man from Hawaii named Buster Howie.

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

I wish they'd update the newgen names a bit. There's no 15 year olds running around today calling themselves Pat. In my anecdotal experience, in about 15 years time, every English professional footballer will be called Alfie, Archie or Jack.

He's a little bit older than that but the 19 year old PJ Knight goes by Pat outside of the ring. Then again, Norfolk isn't exactly ahead of the curve on anything except Finnish strikers :shifty:

I had a regen called Danny Heritage which is a pretty good name, but unfortunately he is terrible with zero potential.

In other news, I offered a player out on loan cause I have no space for him in my team at the moment, but because he's on fairly high wages for the division I offered him out with 0% of his wages to be paid by the loaning team.

Had a message back that there were interested teams by they felt that the wage contribution was too high for them to cover and would need to be reduced before they made an offer. How fucking hard up are these teams that they can't afford literally free?

On 25/11/2019 at 21:08, Naitch said:

Glenn was a shit manager everywhere he went, but evil enough to be the Devil? Surely not.

😂 Oddly enough his skin colour changed as the season rolled over. I am, in a weird coincidence, selling him off to Newcastle to follow in Glenn's footsteps.

On 24/11/2019 at 21:47, RazorsEdge said:

OKSAMQn.png

So I have a promising MC who is apparently the son of the devil.

Looks like a background character in Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell

Screenshot 2019-11-27 at 11.40.14.png

It's a 17 year old on a four week trial, the whole purpose of which is to decide if they're worth being signed. Literally do not need to do anything to deserve a trial. Wind your fucking neck in, Kareem, what do you know? NOTHING.

Skeptical he's actually 17 based on his picture, mind.

• Haha 1

On 27/11/2019 at 11:48, Arjen Robben said:

Saw this on Reddit

image.png

Chaos that.

It's like a Hogan comeback in FM form. The equalizer was the Hulk Up, the sending off is the YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, then comes the boot at 87, the leg drop at 89 then the extra time goals is the pose routine after the bell.

• Like 1