2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Denver signs Owen Daniels.

Oakland signs Malcolm Smith.

Detroit gave Baltimore a 4th and 5th round pick for Ngata (and got a 7th in return).

Revis is expected to go back to the Jets.

Torrey Smith's conract with the Niners is 5 years, $40 million, with $22 million guaranteed.

And everything I see keeps saying that Philly sent Foles and picks to St. Louis for just Sam Bradford.

And Antrell Rolle is visiting the Burrs in Chicago.

You are the only person I see saying we sent them picks. Everywhere else says we swapped firsts and get a pick from them next season

I'm actually kinda happy Oakland has done nothing so far. It means we haven't gotten caught up in all the bulllshit that has seen us hamstrung for the last decade.

Except they have and signed Malcolm Smith.

They spent money on a center, too. I'm fine with those moves. I would have loved Suh or Cobb, but unless they're getting a proven commodity, in their prime, I'm happy not spending a ton of money on old dudes (Charles Woodson excepted). I know that's the Raiders Way, but it hasn't worked in over a decade. Time to build through the draft.

If they end up with Leonard Williams in the draft, no matter what else happens, the offseason is a success.

DeMarco to Philly would have made a ton more sense before they took on Bradford.

But this whole last 2 hours has been mental.

Pernell McPhee is good right?

You'll find out, he played in pass rushing situations almost exclusively for the Ravens who also have Terrell Suggs and/or Elvis Dumervil out there with him so guess which one of those guys had an open lane. So thanks for experimenting with him to find out if he's an every down player.

Lions trade for Haloti Ngata.

I mean..thats one way to replace Suh. One year rental if he doesn't pan out.

I like it. Especially for all the idiots in Detroit.."Waah they blew it and lost Suh wah" which if they had signed Suh it would have been "Wah...we overpaid Suh and handcuffed ourselves". I hate our fucking fans.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/03/detroit_lions_swing_trade_for.html

Sounds like we gave up a 4th and a 5th, I can definitely live with that.

Edit - Ugh, even my brother. "Hey we got Ngata" "About time they did something". What the fuck, free agency started 20 minutes ago, and they probably did about as good as they could to replace Suh. Not only that, they weren't stupid and didn't panic sign somebody to an inflated contract. But of course, nevermind this good move, let's focus on the shitty moves they've made 20 years ago.

Ngata is a very good stopgap for you guys. He's past his prime and nowhere near worth the money he's owed, but this gives you a proven commodity for a year while you find a young DT in the draft. Ravens free up much needed cap space and given the emergence of Brandon Williams I don't foresee them losing too much without Ngata.

Rams can start planning the parade now, the route should head west on Interstate 44 until they meet Interstate 40 in Oklahoma and continue west all the way to Los Angeles.

Best use of Google Maps.