2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

I can't fathom why, if Brees is actually available, one of the lower ranked teams with high cap space hasn't jumped all over him already.

Only thing I saw that was related to this was the possibility that the Bucs would trade the #1 pick for him.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm not sold on Winston or Mariota, Winston primarily because of his off-field history at FSU, and Mariota because the Bucs have never developed a franchise QB. Brees is well-established, and will have a decent assortment of weapons with the offense, provided the Bucs can get a better line.

I still think the Bucs should just take the pick, hold it up and say to the rest of the league 'alright, who wants it?', to try to get whatever they can from it.

• Like 1

Reportedly, DeMarco Murray knows what the Cowboys and Jags are willing to offer him. Apparently it's less than 8+ million per year, which is what Murray is looking for, but nobody has offered him such yet.

Could the Jets be dumb enough to take Bradford?

If yes, I'm thinking Bradford and the 20th pick get dealt for the 6th?

Any GM that does that should be fired on the spot.

I heard Cleveland was the interested team.

After looking at it a bit more I actually think Philly have made a good trade. It's a similar situation to when Trent Richardson was traded to the Colts and everyone was like "lol, Browns" but a couple of years later it's obvious who won that trade (even if the Browns did waste the draft pick).

Bradford has a higher ceiling than Foles imo, I highly doubt Foles will ever reproduce what he did in his first season or even get close to that level again.

It is obvious who won that trade; no one.

Nick Foles showed the ability to excel in Kelly's system. Sam Bradford hasn't even shown the ability to stay healthy, and now he has to learn a new offense, if he can even stay on the field. I'm not going to be the least bit surprised if the Eagles do wind up getting Mariota and Bradford retires in the next 3 years.

If there was a team willing to give a first rounder for Bradford wouldn't the Rams have just done it?

Not if the Rams wanted a starting caliber QB in return. That's the one thing Philly could offer that no one in the top 5 could. Still a baffling trade, but it doesn't rule out that there isn't someone insane enough to want Bradford + picks for a trade up.

We could, but the Raiders would be, well, the Raiders to give up Derek Carr. Even if you ended up with two picks in the top four, it'd be a horrible trade, because Derek Carr has proven his potential in the NFL, Mariota and Winston have done no such thing.

Oakland needs to spend so much money and can get next to nobody to come on board, it's a good time to be a less-desired free agent because you're getting PAID by them when it gets down to the wire.

Sad, but true. Hopefully they just make it happen with insane one-year contracts (or front-loaded ones they can cut without consequence), pushing it off while they build through the draft and get close enough to good to make the money useful.

I bet Oakland will, because they have to.

DO NOT WANT.

Nothing against Murray, he's a good back, but he's not worth that type of money. He had one big year, behind one of the best run-blocking lines in the NFL. It's not enough to make him worth it.

I bet Oakland will, because they have to.

DO NOT WANT.

Nothing against Murray, he's a good back, but he's not worth that type of money. He had one big year, behind one of the best run-blocking lines in the NFL. It's not enough to make him worth it.

Why don't you want this wonderful sitcom?

Murray3b_zps78nwqqcu.png

Justin Blalock is visiting the Lions today. Falcons fans... is he any good?