2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Maxx correctly predicted Darren McFadden to the Cowboys, because Jerry loves his Razorbacks.

Waiting to see the $$ details, but if we got him as cheap as he should be, he's a nice addition, and in the few games a year that he's healthy, he'll probably put up some good numbers behind our line.

I don't know, but looking at his production, he should be able to fill CJ Mosleys role just fine. He's also younger and graded out well. Should be fine as a rotation guy, likely means draft a DT early. Probably DT, RB, and CB. Hoping to sign an O-Lineman and we might be looking alright. Could always bring back Sims and Mathis as depth guys.

Yeah, I since found out a little more. He apparently graded 17th out 72 nose/defensive tackles last year. It does sound like he'll be filling Mosley's role.

I was also reading about how we have a heck of a lot of dead money this year, that will be gone for the 2016 season. It may mean being a bit patchwork this year.

We can still add another one or two guys in free agency, they just really need to hit on these draft picks. Trades are always possible as well.

Here's more info on the new guy...http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/03/scouting_report_and_random_fac.html

I recommend mlive.com for you if you want to stay up to date with the Lions, probably the best source for Lions news and columns. Just don't pay attention to the fan talk or comments section if you want to keep your sanity.

Thanks for that! :)

McFadden's due for a year where he doesn't get hurt.

Do we think McFadden is their starter? Or maybe more of an insurance in case they can't pick up another?

Strange they've gone for him when guys like Spiller, Moreno, Bush, Bradshaw etc are all still available.

McFadden's due for a year where he doesn't get hurt.

Yeah. And it was last year. :(

As far as whether he'll be a starter. I have no doubt in my mind that Cowboys are drafting an RB. And any one of the three we have right now that aren't McFadden will be cut.

Cowboys are linked to Stevan Ridley as well.

Rams signed Nick Fairly, because their defensive line wasn't scary enough already.

Adding Stevan Ridley wouldn't be bad if Cowboys are only thinking short-term. I think that this draft class is so strong, that they'd be crazy not to draft a possible franchise RB.

Not worth a first rounder for the Cowboys. That line is going to give us a decent running game regardless. Need to use the first rounder on defense because we've been losing players left and right, and we're already thin.

Kenny Stills traded to the Dolphins. They're putting together a nice little offense there, maybe the Pats won't have a cakewalk this year.

The Pats weren't gonna have a cakewalk cause the Bills are quite strong after all this free agency turmoil and the Jets are building something solid too. Dolphins are looking like they're gonna be competing with the Jets for last place.

CJ Spiller agrees to a deal with the Saints.

Edit: Apparent details of the Stills trade:

Kenny Stills shipped to the Miami Dolphins for linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and a third-round pick.

The Pats weren't gonna have a cakewalk cause the Bills are quite strong after all this free agency turmoil and the Jets are building something solid too. Dolphins are looking like they're gonna be competing with the Jets for last place.

Kenny Stills shipped to the Miami Dolphins for linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and a third-round pick.

I think with all these additions the Dolphins are just as in the mix as the Jets and Bills. They've got the most complete offense out of the three, even after the McCoy trade and adding Suh improves an already good defense.

Patriots: I really have no idea what they're doing. They've lost a lot of guys, only resigned McCourty and Tyms, and I think all they brought in was Brandon Gibson. It's still their division to lose, but it won't be a runaway like in previous years.

Jets and Bills: They'll have a solid defense, but they still need a good QB before I take them seriously. McCoy and Jackson push Buffalo ahead of the Jets IMO.

Dolphins: They're not bad, but they're not good either - even with Suh.

I think with all these additions the Dolphins are just as in the mix as the Jets and Bills. They've got the most complete offense out of the three, even after the McCoy trade and adding Suh improves an already good defense.

I dunno about that whole complete offense part. They've got a decent o-line for a decent running back in Lamar Miller. At receiver they have Mike Wallace (maybe, they're probably shopping him around), Kenny Stills, and Jarvis Landry (still have to see if he's not just a product of beginner's luck.) Then there's Jordan Cameron, who is coming off a season plagued by concussion issues while Charles Clay has one foot out the door. Finally, Tannehill, a QB that's up to snuff, but still has to develop. I'm not saying it's a terrible situation, but I don't know if they can compete with that Jets defense, that Bills running game and defense, and all of the Patriots.