2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Another potential spanner in the Mariota to Eagles works - I just got a notification from bleacher saying that (per an ESPN source) Washington will draft Mariota if he falls to them.

Another potential spanner in the Mariota to Eagles works - I just got a notification from bleacher saying that (per an ESPN source) Washington will draft Mariota if he falls to them.

As a Cowboys fan, this entire situation just gets more delightful. Yes Redskins, please take another QB and also leave the Eagles starting Sam Bradford.

• Like 3

Two hilarious moments from the Chip Kelly presser:

1. "I was a offered a first rounder for Sam Bradford this morning."

No you fucking weren't.

2. "We would never mortgage our future to trade up for Mariota."

Because a) you can't offer anyone anything anyway and b) you already mortgaged your future on SAM BRADFORD.

• Like 2

Two hilarious moments from the Chip Kelly presser:

1. "I was a offered a first rounder for Sam Bradford this morning."

No you fucking weren't.

2. "We would never mortgage our future to trade up for Mariota."

Because a) you can't offer anyone anything anyway and b) you already mortgaged your future on SAM BRADFORD.

Regarding 1, yeah bullshit. If you were, you'd have fucking jumped all over it. Man, what a terrible trade for Philly, and this comes from a guy that has seen his share of terrible personnel moves.

I just can't understand wanting to roll with Bradford, or how Bradford is even a better asset than Nick Foles. Foles has been to the playoffs, and doesn't have the same injury history as Bradford, it's just the weirdest move. I don't get it from the standpoint of making your team better, nor does it actually give them more ammo to move up for Mariotta. How many teams other than Philly would rather have Bradford over Foles?

• Like 1

Here's the thing. he cited that the reason he doesn't want Mariota is because there are other team needs.. yet... He didn't have a need for QB and pretty much just made himself need a QB in that trade.

Footage from the Chip Kelly press conference:

pinocchio-a-bad-motivational-speaker.gif

Even if he did manage to get Mariota, why is there any reason to expect this Oregon heavy team to succeed in the NFL, when it couldn't succeed in college full of players specifically brought in for their offensive system? Their offensive system which cannot legally run as fast in the NFL as it does in college.

• Like 2

Is Hoyer actually an upgrade on Fitzpatrick? Really?

If there was a team willing to give a first rounder for Bradford wouldn't the Rams have just done it?

Not if the Rams wanted a starting caliber QB in return. That's the one thing Philly could offer that no one in the top 5 could. Still a baffling trade, but it doesn't rule out that there isn't someone insane enough to want Bradford + picks for a trade up.

I can't fathom any franchise on the face of this Earth willing to give a first rounder for Bradford.

Some guy on the radio last night put it better than I've heard anyone on ESPN or NFL Network: Do you think that it just so happens that Chip Kelly is, in his first year as GM, the smartest man running a team? Or that it's more likely that all these GMs that have played this game for years happen to pull the wool over the eyes of a guy on his first go-round with the hubris of perhaps no other man?

• Like 1

I can't fathom any franchise on the face of this Earth willing to give a first rounder for Bradford.

I'd like to introduce you to the Cleveland Browns. :P

I can't fathom why, if Brees is actually available, one of the lower ranked teams with high cap space hasn't jumped all over him already.

I can't fathom why, if Brees is actually available, one of the lower ranked teams with high cap space hasn't jumped all over him already.

The Saints probably want an arm and a leg, which is a tough price for a 36 year old on a large contract.