Football Manager 2022

Lineker

1 hour ago, The Kraig said:

Suddenly Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney are looking to get Wrexham put back into the Welsh league! :shifty:

Speaking of, one of their players is now doing a great job for me with Connahs. Luke Young has been key for us so far either as DM or CM, 16 goals from 34 in all competitions so far, mainly from penalties and free kicks along with 14 assists.

• Like 1

I think the transfer AI still needs work.

Even with our big money now, I don't think we'd be realistically able to buy Jules Kounde and Declan Rice, as I have done, and especially not for less than a combined £200k a week. Never mind also being able to bring in Raphina, Bissouma, Mancini, Karsdorp and Renan Lodi.

Still, none of that was as baffling as Chelsea dropping £28m on Anthony Martial.

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

I think the transfer AI still needs work.

Even with our big money now, I don't think we'd be realistically able to buy Jules Kounde and Declan Rice, as I have done, and especially not for less than a combined £200k a week. Never mind also being able to bring in Raphina, Bissouma, Mancini, Karsdorp and Renan Lodi.

Still, none of that was as baffling as Chelsea dropping £28m on Anthony Martial.

It's certainly um... ambitious recruitment:

Spoiler

image.png

They missed a trick in not picking up Luca Pellegrini from Juve - starts transfer listed for less than a million in every save. Worth picking up no matter how many great left backs you have - you can just shift him 12 months later for at least 15 million.

I feel like this is karma, but I started a game as Newcastle with the first transfer window turned off, thinking it’d be a fun challenge to get to January and then spend all the money. Turns out there seems to be a bug meaning I don’t get a January transfer budget :(

• Admin
5 minutes ago, TMM said:

I feel like this is karma, but I started a game as Newcastle with the first transfer window turned off, thinking it’d be a fun challenge to get to January and then spend all the money. Turns out there seems to be a bug meaning I don’t get a January transfer budget :(

I'm sure it'll be fixed for the full game release. Speaking of which: 

The data got locked down this morning.

Surely with a bug like the January window not working properly, you'd need a fresh save though...

I plan on starting this week. I'll probably go Atletico mainly because they're a side who use a back 3 and I'd like to give that new role a try. And also because I'm so used to using the same old formation and style whenever I play, so this'll be a change.

21 minutes ago, Gorka said:

I would like to see whether defensive football actually works yet or if it still just invites teams to have 40 attempts at goal and ruin the stats.

If by 'defensive football' you mean 'low possession', I'm running a United side that has had 43% average possession over the first four games of the season. Didn't even score a goal from open play until the third game.

Four wins from four though.

• Like 1

I’m finding keeping possession insanely difficult compared to previous editions. 

To test it, I used the control possession template with United and average about 40% which is mad. I played some Chinese fodder in pre-season and I finished with 37% of the ball. 

So after browsing the SI forums, it seems like it’s due to a bug where the GK and CB’s just pass around themselves for ages and ages.

We ended up drawing APOEL in the first knockout round and managed to win 2-1! Then drew Chelsea in the 2nd knockout round who beat us 2-0 in a game where we didn't register a single shot but the fact we got that far was a minor miracle. We made about £5.5 million in total from European prize money. 

First set of facility upgrades were finished on time at the start of March, giving us Average training and Good youth. Pretty much as soon as we cut the ribbon on the new training set up the board agreed to upgrade it again(at a cost of £1.8million) but said no to upgrading the youth system again.

Finished unbeaten in all domestic competitions thus winning the treble of League, Welsh Cup and Nathaniel MG Cup, which did TNS a favour as they got the extra league Euro II spot after they finished 3rd behind Haverfordwest and therefore didn't have to take part in the play-offs 

Third season has seem us lose our best keeper for £20k (and 40% sell on) and one of our best young centre midfielders for £10,000 (minimum fee release, I tried being clever and negotiating their initial £3k offer to just under it with a sell on but they just responded by activating it), which focusing on the good news should cheer up our number 2 keeper who got moody last season over playing time.

Europe wise, made the play-off round of the Champions league before losing to Ludogarets which sent us into the Europa League group stageand made us more than £7million! £4.7 for losing in the play-off round £2.4 for making the Europa league groups.

Somehow our exploits last year made us 3rd seeds but didn't help as we got Atalanta, Sporting and Nice. I wasn't confident even before the draw was made as out of the 4th seeds there didn't seem to be any winnable game, only one or two we might of snatched a point at home against. Nice were who we got and beat us 2-0 at our place in the first game despite getting a man sent off after 4 minutes. We were unlucky not to score and our xg was better than theirs but I get the feeling that was our only chance at winning a game and our hopes to snatch 3rd place have already gone.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gorka said:

I would like to see whether defensive football actually works yet or if it still just invites teams to have 40 attempts at goal and ruin the stats.

It would seem from the forums that the just of it is playing anything less than 'positive' will see you getting whupped, regardless of team or players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

It would seem from the forums that the just of it is playing anything less than 'positive' will see you getting whupped, regardless of team or players.

Yeah, that's what I fear. There's no incentive setting your formation to shut up shop or nick a goal on the counter-attack as usually you're 3-0 down inside twenty minutes.