Football Manager 2022

Lineker

On 26/10/2021 at 17:43, MadJack said:

If by 'defensive football' you mean 'low possession', I'm running a United side that has had 43% average possession over the first four games of the season. Didn't even score a goal from open play until the third game.

Four wins from four though.

On FM I've always played "low possession" football. I'm not sure if it necessarily counts as defensive because I like my players to really go for it when they get the ball, but the direct nature of my tactics means that I nearly always get out possessed. My current team are 2nd in the Bundesliga but last in the league for possession, so the approach does seem to work...

FWIW I mainly play this way because I find it more aesthetically pleasing.

• Like 1

Do we know how the dynamic youth rating thing works in 22? Becaus I am tempted to do a 'building a nation'/youth setup type thing with San Marino. But my thought is, with the way people normally do the SM thing is to mod them back into Serie D in Italy, so would my club efforts be contributing to Italy's YR rather than SM's? I'd maybe have to play in the SM league to get the best effect.

Either that or I'd just do it in Norway instead after getting attached to them in FM20.

1 minute ago, King Ellis said:

Do we know how the dynamic youth rating thing works in 22? Becaus I am tempted to do a 'building a nation'/youth setup type thing with San Marino. But my thought is, with the way people normally do the SM thing is to mod them back into Serie D in Italy, so would my club efforts be contributing to Italy's YR rather than SM's? I'd maybe have to play in the SM league to get the best effect.

Either that or I'd just do it in Norway instead after getting attached to them in FM20.

If nothing has changed in that regard, it'd be like Fm21. Where the YA dips from the Italian YR whilst the identity of the club affects the nationalities of the players.

Basically, for example. A team like Wrexham pulls players out of the English kiddie bin, but they're given Welsh nationalities/identities based on the fact the club is Welsh.

So even with dynamic YR, a good Sammarinese team in the Italian leagues will improve Italian intakes, of which you magically pull Sammarinese kids from. But other clubs from San Marino proper won't get the same advantage.

Haven't watched the video yet but saw him talking about it in one of his streams. Looks cool in places but something puts me off about the player screen, just seems too cluttered.

Is it customisable at all?

Has anyone noticed how player conditions are a completely broken mess now? 

It’s almost like you have to completely rotate an entire XI to avoid players “needing a prolonged period of rest” a few months into the season - even with a fairly non-aggressive tactic. 

Players with high natural fitness struggle to play two games plus another 70 minute game in a week.

Bought the game last night, but didn't realize it's still in the Beta version and not the full release.

Right back to FM21 I go! In the 25/26 season with Fulham, 3rd season back in the Prem after getting them promoted in my half season there. Finished 7th in my second season to qualify for the mighty Conference League and won all 6 matches. I'm definitely in a battle to qualify for Europe again. Staying close with the Big Six and Aston Villa right now. Also managing USA ahead of hosting the World Cup, so might as well keep playing!

I feel wrong having switched my tactics around this season though! I played 442 diamond Vertical Tiki Taka starting from January 2021 MLS season with the Union, but switched to a 4231 Gegenpress after selling Sandry for 3x I bought him for, and bringing in Sofiane Drop for a big money signing (well, £25 million). At the point that I'm starting to incorporate regens into the squad, but I still have the mighty Isaac Hayden as a consistently amazing holding midfielder!

Tentative plan is to doss around on the Xbox version for a couple of weeks, keep an eye out for a cheapy code for the full fat edition at some point once all the patches and some form of San Marino mod are out.

Though, loading up the Xbox version for a Newcastle piss about save, where is my untold wealth?! Bloody Mike Ashley is still in charge. I was promised 200m to spend watching everyone play their beta save.

EDIT: 35 year old Freddy Guarin? Get in my team.

EDIT 2: Darkest timeline Newcastle starts with a boring 0-0 draw away to some Polish team in a friendly with trialist Jack Wilshere going off injured. Sounds about right.

EDIT 3: Highlight thus far is Fabian Schar, despite playing as the BPD on cover in a three man defense, inexplicably bombing forward and curling one into the top corner from outside the area.

Game was released with the broken match engine. Sortitoutsi. 

It’s all good talking about how great this data hub is but it’s all for nothing when the statistics behind it are shite. Norwich having the most possession in the league because they CB’s pass it to each other for a large chunk of the game.

Ok - I’ve settled on a Marseille save to start me off this edition. Pretty exciting squad. Be good to make use of Arsenal loanees Saliba and Guendouzi. 

Also can’t believe Milik is only 27. Feels like he’s been around forever.

Was inspired by a few articles about their current style of play. Going to experiment with the inverted wing-back which I haven’t used that much since it was introduced.