Football Manager 2022

Lineker

For that price, I'm so torn. I'd been updating the FM20 db over the past month or so with updated transfers etc, but I may just bite the bullet.

My only concern is starting a game on the Beta now that I won't really be able to play longer term due to game breaking bugs that need fixing.

So far it seems like an decent improvement over last years. Only put in a couple of hours so far. My usual beta save is TNS  but decided to go with Connahs Quay this year, who it turns out have quite a few former TNS players in their ranks (it stunned me how many TNS player names are now floating around my head thanks to afew years of beta saves).

Knocked out.of the Champions league in the first qualifying round against Liga 6-2. Knocked out a Luxembourg side and a Montenegro side to make the fourth qualifying round of the Europa Conference League where a Cypriot side awaits (at work so the names escape me). Usual Welsh preseason of identifying shed loads of trialists who I'd love to bring in only for English league one/two sides to snatch them. I at least managed to bring in a striker, central midfielder and a goalkeeper (where the starting situation was grim, two keepers, both 1.5 stars with no potential).

Also, was that you @stokeriño in lollujos video today as the featured channel member?

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

It was before that actually, I got it downloaded last night. 🙈

Not sure when to go to the trouble of downloading the massive face pack though, which I've never done.

How long does the free Torrent version usually take (DF11 pack)?

If it's actively seeded, the torrent version is probably the fastest way to get anything.

If it's not being seeded, then it'll take a while.

• Like 1

For the first time since VAR was introduced, I've had a goal awarded to me (or at least not overturned) by a VAR check and it was my very first one of the season.

5 hours ago, JasonM said:

If it's actively seeded, the torrent version is probably the fastest way to get anything.

If it's not being seeded, then it'll take a while.

It's telling me about 40mins at the moment, which is considerably quicker than the 4 hours for Part 1 of 17 pack that I was going to make a start on last night. Cheers!

EDIT: It downloaded, but I'm gonna opt for the cutout faces pack instead. Despite being the newest version, a lot of the DF11 ones are really outdated. 

I use this logo style, but it isn't for everyone;

https://www.fmscout.com/a-footbe-logos-for-football-manager.html

I grabbed my English and Spanish leagues kits separately from Sortitoutsi, and I have the torrent version of the faces downloading from there too;

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/1/cut-out-player-faces

I don't know if the kits show during the pre-match screen these days, but they never used to. You'd only see downloaded kits if you went to the specific screen for that team. So logos were far more important than kits before.

Aside from that, get the real name fix file and you're good to go.

Ended up winning the title with Connahs Quay. Got knocked out as expected in the Euro II play-off round which meant our European run brought in about £1.25 million which allowed us to turn professional over the summer. Got £250,000 to spend in transfers, of which I spent all of £5,000 and dumped the rest into wages. As usual, had loads of trialists come in, agree terms then sign with English sides. Lost my best RB for £1,000 (but did manage to get a 50% sell on clause added in) to Fleetwood. The first few years in Wales is awful until you get the reputation boost that gives your players decent values.

Second season, managed to get enough deals done to strengthen the side, though did spend the first few league games with several unfit players started each game because incoming players were taking their sweet time making their minds up. Managed to make the Second Qualifying round in the Champions League before losing to Red Star. Then knocked out an Icelandic side to make the EURO Cup Play-offs where FC Kobenhavn beat us which dropped us in to EURO II Group Stages! Overall before the group stage starts, we've already made £3.3million in prize money (which apparently isn't enough to get the board to upgrade our facilities) to leave us with more than £4million in the bank. Got drawn with BATE, Legia and CSKA Moscow so we'll see how that goes.

• Like 5

How it went:

2021-10-25.png

Also, didn't realize that wins in the EURO II earned you nearly £500,000 (draws get you about £150,000) so thats another £1.4million overall which did lead to the board agreeing to upgrade the facilities. Training is only going to cost £400,000 to upgrade but the Youth facilities? That'll be £2 million thank you very much (so the board may have had a point in saying no earlier). Both will be done by the start of March.

Pissing the league, 18 games in, 17 wins 1 draw. TNS have fallen off a cliff, my league win last year got the manager fired and the new guy has them 5th so far already losing 6 times, only 2 of which were us. In fact having just looked they are winless in 7 league games. Haverfordwest are currently looking like the most likely to take 2nd.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hugobomb said:

How it went:

2021-10-25.png

Also, didn't realize that wins in the EURO II earned you nearly £500,000 (draws get you about £150,000) so thats another £1.4million overall which did lead to the board agreeing to upgrade the facilities. Training is only going to cost £400,000 to upgrade but the Youth facilities? That'll be £2 million thank you very much (so the board may have had a point in saying no earlier). Both will be done by the start of March.

Pissing the league, 18 games in, 17 wins 1 draw. TNS have fallen off a cliff, my league win last year got the manager fired and the new guy has them 5th so far already losing 6 times, only 2 of which were us. In fact having just looked they are winless in 7 league games. Haverfordwest are currently looking like the most likely to take 2nd.

Suddenly Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney are looking to get Wrexham put back into the Welsh league! :shifty: