Football Manager 2023

Lineker

image.png

at the end of it all Ireland lost 1-0 to Serbia in the final. 7 of my players played for Ireland (and a couple of former players). 2 ex players played for Serbia.

3 of my players also got long term injuries from the tournament. Thanks, Mick McCarthy! <_<

The Ireland job is available now and I've declared my interest but I haven't actually applied for it. Might be a bit much to try and do a summer league season AND manage a national team at the same time.

Despite being advertised as a digital download, I was curious that my Amazon order was always listed as due to arrive on Wed 9th and surprised that I got a dispatch notice yesterday. Rather than having a redemption code show up in my account or inbox, I essentially got a slipcase today with a code in it that I had to redeem on the FM website to choose an Epic, MS or Steam code.

Seems a little wasteful? I'm guessing it's sort of a halfway house where there's no point selling a disc copy but they're still serving a demand for the people who have boxed copies on their shelves going back to the CM days so they want to keep the collection complete.

Anyway, I pre-emptively downloaded a facepack and logo pack so anything else graphics wise aside from kits? Like, are 3D kits worth it? And any other essentials i.e real name fix (Man UFC, German/Dutch squads etc)?

Oh and I've seen a couple of £30 prices still knocking about if anyone is still looking at getting it, even after the pre-order discounts have now gone and it's up to the £40+ RRP.

2 hours ago, King Ellis said:

Oh and I've seen a couple of £30 prices still knocking about if anyone is still looking at getting it, even after the pre-order discounts have now gone and it's up to the £40+ RRP.

I probably should buy it so...?

Is there a version people prefer more from FM20 on? I haven't bought a game since 15, so I'm sure they're all quite a bit different to what I'm used to. But does any of 20, 21, 22, or 23 stand out above the others? I'm not fussed about having up-to-date rosters so I don't want 23 just for that unless it really is the best game. 

What I'm looking for would be best/accurate/logical match engine, most interactive transfer system, and the ability to simulate matches (has this ever been added...?)

Thanks for any input, folks.

You can sim matches on some versions as standard like Xbox and I think Touch and/or Mobile has it. You can get it on PC on certain skins, like the Zealand skin I use has it. It looks like you can set game plans in the tactics screen and pick one to use (or none if you prefer) during the sim. As I recall, the Xbox one I was playing last year was similar but had predefined plans like 'very attacking', 'smash and grab' etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Is there a version people prefer more from FM20 on? I haven't bought a game since 15, so I'm sure they're all quite a bit different to what I'm used to. But does any of 20, 21, 22, or 23 stand out above the others? I'm not fussed about having up-to-date rosters so I don't want 23 just for that unless it really is the best game. 

What I'm looking for would be best/accurate/logical match engine, most interactive transfer system, and the ability to simulate matches (has this ever been added...?)

Thanks for any input, folks.

FM23 is the best game of football the series has ever had - the range and quality of animations are great, the simulation is, imo, more accurate than it's ever been and I think it's more challenging on a game to game basis as well.

In terms of simulating matches, there's lots of skins that incorporate an instant result button - pretty much all of the creator linked ones - I'm using W2S's and I like it.

• Thanks 1

On 08/11/2022 at 18:58, FLiam said:

Man - scouting does not work on this game. 

Sent a scout with extensive knowledge of Germany to look for minimum two-star defenders with a potential of three and I have had zero recommendations after two months. :huh:

The changes they've made to scouting are AWFUL. Just trying to set up the scouting assignments itself was a disaster. Definitely a terrible change for this year's game.