Football Manager 2020

Lineker

How long are the seasons? Are the clubs just those doing the draft or is it filled in with CPU clubs as well? 

I still don't have the game, and even if I did, you're drafting at like 9 AM my time, so I'd be at work. Just curious for perhaps future drafts. 

• Like 1

The first one will be an 8 team league, at the moment made up of myself, Adam, Mad Jack and Naitch with the other 4 teams controlled by the AI, with two matches against each team so a 14 game season.

But there's also a straight knock-out Cup option.

And the AI makes picks during the draft too when it's their turn.

Bought this before the weekend after seeing the offer on CD Keys (cheers, Baddar!). 

Started a lower league save, went on holiday for the first year and then selected a new club who had been promoted to the Conference North. Ended up going with Lowestoft Town. I had six players for my first friendly but have brought in 12 new players. Some were slightly panicked towards the end of pre-season but nevermind. 

I'm a bit over my wage budget but I'm sure it'll be fine <_<.

Mixed start, we have almost perfect home form (3-1-0) but dreadful away form (0-2-2) so I've got some work to do but I'm sure it's something I can build on. Cautiously optimistic that I finish in the top half, potentially pushing for the playoffs if we get everything right. 

Anybody got any player recommendations I should be looking at? My scout is pretty dreadful and am struggling to find real gems. 

One question - this is my first FM since maybe 13, but when I click on players, some of them have blank attributes. Is this down to scouting, my reputation or a setting I've missed?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Baddar said:

What's your Discord ID? I'll get you added to the chat. 

King Ellis#3344

I think? I used this thing for all of about 5 minutes back in 2017, which going by the chat log in the EWB channel seems to be the same for everyone else too.

1 hour ago, MJB said:

One question - this is my first FM since maybe 13, but when I click on players, some of them have blank attributes. Is this down to scouting, my reputation or a setting I've missed?

Like opposition players? I believe that's down to scouting.

When you're setting up a game then you can tick a box that stops attribute masking.

22 minutes ago, King Ellis said:
King Ellis#3344

I think? I used this thing for all of about 5 minutes back in 2017, which going by the chat log in the EWB channel seems to be the same for everyone else too.

I just tried adding that ID and it failed. Send me a friend request @King Ellis Baddar#4882

If we wanna do another thread to not distract from the general FM talk, otherwise this was my lot:

GK - Onana, Guaita, Bravo
DEF - Matip, Ajer, Maidana, Troost-Ekong, Azpilacueta, Alex Sandro, Meuiner, Ismaily, Elabdellaoui (Norweigan RB)
MID - Jorginho, SMS, Hector Herrera, Fleck, Di Maria, Lozano, Verbic, Barbosa
ATT - Dzeko, Firminho, Tevez, LORD Bendtner

Feel like defence might be my undoing but I'd like to think it's fairly solid. Would have liked a better RB and probably could have got one considering I still had a bit of money left by the end but ended up going all in on the attack and got Dzeko late.

Fannied about a bit with my other kits after the fact but not sure if that'll carry over when we play next. Might have to see if I can find my old logo if I can still edit that in.

• Like 1