Lineker

2022/2023 - Derby County - Update
Transfers in
Van Der Heide - AML/R - 12.75mil from Heerenveen
Zekhnini - AML - 7mil from Olympiakos
Mousset - ST - 1.1mil from Sheffield Utd
Will Hughes - MC - 15.25mil from Watford
Matias Palacios - AMC - 6.5mil from San Lorenzo
Carlos Maciel (Regen) - ST - 5.5mil rising to 15.25mil from Academica de Coimbra
Milan Meltic (Regen) - MC - 975k from Central Coast Mariners 
Jean Coicou (Regen)- MC - Free from Racing FC 
Ozil - AMC - Bosman 
Valdas Zutautas (Regen) - DR - £7.5mil from Excelsior 

With Brewster going back to Liverpool I needed another backup striker so Mousset fits in for the ADvanced Forward role along with Jack Marriott as backups to Koita. 
Hughes gets a former Derby player back and added depth to centre midfield whislt Palacios replaces Odegaard who has gone back to Madrid. Ozil adds a bit of depth to attacking mid and is retiring at the end of the season...fortunately he's on cheap wages so gives some added experience to the squad. I needed to bolster the depth out wide so Van Der Heide and Zekhnini come in as young wingers who can improve. Also bolstered some high potential regens most notably Maciel who looks like he may become one of the best strikers in the league in the future. 

I'm not gonna go into detail over the transfers out as a lot of it is loans (most notably Holmes who I've had playing right wing during the Championship and first half of the season i nteh Prem and former squad players let go for nothing)

League:
5th - 3 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses. 
The losses were to Man City 5-1 away and a 2-1 defeat away to Newcastle in which I dominated the first half and did the classic "don't get complacent" team talk only for the team to get complacent. 

So as mentioned about my poor defence, it's summed up by that 5-1 defeat to City, a 7-4 win against Burnley in which it was 4-3 at half time and a 5-4 win against Chelsea. So in just the 3 games mentioned I scored 13 goals and conceded 13 goals. Definetly need to stop shipping goals if I want to push into European places this season. 

League Cup:
Beat Leeds on pens and beat Leicester thanks to a 94th minute winner. Got Sunderland at home in the 5th Round who are still in League One so I should be winning that

Other tidbits:
Applied for AC Milan, Leipzig and Spurs jobs to all be met with I haven't won enough (A Scottish Cup, Scottish League Cup, Playoff win and MLS Allstar game isn't enough for yers?!?!?!!) although Leipzig board did say they were impressed with my style of football. 

For the World Cup; my Ivory Coast team have a tough group of South Korea, France and Colombia....Going to struggle to get out of that but hopefully I can persuade players to switch alleigances in the build up to the cup such as Haller and Bamba. I've already persuaded Yann Karamoh to switch so just a few more to bolster the squad. 

• Like 1

Manchester United are suing Sega and SI for infringing it’s trademark in the Football Manager games.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/22/manchester-united-sues-football-manager-makers-over-use-of-name

Basically, they don't like seeing the word Manchester United with a pretend badge next to it and want money. Also sounds like they're complaining about being able to add custom graphics.

So they don't like people seeing the correct badge next to their name if they're not getting paid. 

34 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Manchester United are suing Sega and SI for infringing it’s trademark in the Football Manager games.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/22/manchester-united-sues-football-manager-makers-over-use-of-name

Basically, they don't like seeing the word Manchester United with a pretend badge next to it and want money. Also sounds like they're complaining about being able to add custom graphics.

So they don't like people seeing the correct badge next to their name if they're not getting paid. 

Ed Woodward's gotta make some money commerically somehow during lockdown 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

ah! that'll be why they aren't in any of the logo packs. That's pretty lame of them, no surprise that it would be Man Utd that does it. But I'm sure more will follow.

Of course, perhaps this is not entirely unrelated.

World Cup 2022 - Ivory Coast

Colombia, France and South Korea were in my group which started off brightly. Beat Colombia 4-0 and drew with Korea 1-1. Meant as long as South Korea didn't win I would advance.
Got beat 3-0 by France which meant a tough draw in the next round as I would play Brazil.

The game against Brazil I more than held my own and was leading twice. Game finished 2-2 and went to pens with Brazil missing their first and their second and forth being saved meaning I won 3-1 on pens.

Had Sweden in the quarters who beat Argentina on penalities. Comfortable 3-0 victory with my two centre backs missing through suspension. 

Belgium in the semis...tough game in which I got battered in the air and lost 3-0 with Lukaku getting a brace. This meant I had a 3rd place playoff against England.

Took an early lead before going 3-1 down. Got a consolation goal in the 85th minute to finish 4th in the World Cup (Best finish by an African team) 

Note:
From a Derby perspective I am absolutely gutted as Koita got injured for Mali sprinting...damaged cruciate ligaments and out for 4-6 months :( I have Marriott and Mousset at backup. Marriott hasn't really played and is probably isn't good enough and Mousset although only being cheap has done absolutely nothing. Definetly going have to try something in January 

• Like 1

We made it to L2, so to get the stadium 5000(500) up to regulation (at least 5000(2000)), the board takes out a 400K loan and hires some top blokes to fix up the stadium to that League 2 spec. 1500 more seats, that'll be bound to get us a bit more profits, right?

7145a6ba65fd3218637f4d81bde3e4d3.png

ba3a915a19441ba591917750501855d5.png

bc6f6e30cbe596cc5de20344753810b2.png

jaguars-fan-gif-5.gif

To add to all this hilarity, the stadium capacity during the refit was 4520!

Edited by Jasonmufc

Anyone free to do a Fantasy Draft game today/over the weekend? 

Can do it with a min of 2 with the rest made up of AI sides but the more the merrier really. Knockout Cup or a small league format is also an option to get things done as quickly as possible.

I have very limited knowledge of the Fantasy Draft but it's basically...

-Everyone gets a 500m budget - the likes of Messi and Ronaldo are around 100m so if you picked either, you'd have to be careful spreading out the other 400m

-You take it in turns to pick any player from the db to be in your squad, up to 25 players per team

-Snake order, so if you pick first, you'll get the last pick in Round 2

And that's basically it. You can name your own team and design your kits/add a crest if you wanted, and you can also set filters for the Draft like all players under/over a certain age, specific nationalities or leagues etc.

• Like 2