Football Manager 2019

Gazz

Transfer.png

Oh...my my..that seems alright.

Got promoted with 5 games to go...Coventry squad did that thing they seem to do where they become GODS on the pitch. Wage budget is gonna kill me in the Premier League as this is still maybe in the bottom 6 of the Championship wage bill list in my current game.

Edited by SquareRootOfSi

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing this thanks to the MS Game Pass inclusion, don't think I've played since like 2013/4 maybe? Doing some Conference North which is fairly new to me as well. Going moderately well so far but I'm very aware that I'll need to bring in a lot of new players at the end of the season since everyone's on 1 yr deals and there's a lot of people I'm not fussed about. I'm worried I'm not going to be able to find replacements though since I'm not finding a great amount on the player search. Not sure if that's down to the foggy idea on people's stats or the lack of overall knowledge of the talent pool due to having only two scouts.

Should I be bulking it out by say searching England in general or individual completions like the Conference, or is it a case of just thoroughly scouting lots of different individuals or hope the trial day has a lot of potential in it?

Outside of that, my highlights so far have been the player who managed to start 3 games and get sent off in all of them before I blacklisted him from the club. Also, the two own goals scored whilst under absolutely no pressure whatsoever, including my CB scoring one from what must have been 30-40 yards out.

• 4 weeks later...

Posting this in here rather than the FM20 thread because it's still all new game hype, and I don't want to disturb that.

Just won the Premier League with Liverpool in my second season on CM 01/02. Turns out all they needed to do was keep Robbie Fowler and sign Carlos Puyol, Wilfried Bouma, Marc-Vivien Foe, Stiliyan Petrov, and Deco... although I also got Robbie Savage in on a free, so that might've been the difference maker :shifty:

Deco was seriously the game changer towards the end of that season though. Danny Murphy was doing great as my CAM but pulling him back alongside Gerrard in my 4-1-2-1-2 made all the difference, and I ended up pipping Arsenal to the title after they'd led all season AND won it the season before. I also beat them in the FA Cup final but lost to them in the Charity Shield at the start of the season. A League Cup win against West Ham the season before made it all even better.

I'd originally set myself a target of winning the league before the 2019/20 season, as I'm fully expecting them to do in real life, but I wasn't expecting it to happen quite so quickly. I guess my new target is to win the Champion's League in the next two seasons, in order to beat or match that real-life achievement too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Franklin_1 said:

Started a new save with England down to the 11th tier, playing as Keyworth United in the Nottinghamshire Senior League, just played my first FA Vase fixture and I swear there were like 900+ clubs entered in the first round.

There were 638 teams in the competition in 18/19

4 hours ago, mattu29 said:

thinking of starting one last prem fm19 game, but unsure who to go with, want a mid table team like watford/wolves/burnley to try and turn into contenders, thoughts?

Watford only take a season/season and a half to sort out depending on your luck. You need to have a firesale though after all your players return from loan to net a nice transfer kitty. Wolves would be my pick for a challenge out of the three.

• Thanks 1

On 21/10/2019 at 06:45, Franklin_1 said:

Just reached the FA Vase for the second year and the competition starts with 976 teams so obviously the save file isn't pulling correctly for that cup.

Sounds about right for the Vase. It's open to every team below step 8.

So my first premiere league campaign ended with Coventry and i got to say...the tradition carries on where the players are world beaters for brief but fleeting moments and then fairly trash the rest of the time.

We finished 11th in the table with the possibility of finishing 10th in the last game if we beat 8th placed Everton. We lost...shocker... but all in all a good end to the 1st year in the Prem.

'Almost' went to Liverpool when current manage Cuca was experiencing a bump in the road and i declared my interest in the job, unfortunately they won the champions league so he stayed and after briefly being a 'leading' candidate for the Man City job (no idea why) I signed a new 2 year deal with Cov.

We have a war kitty of £55m to head into the new season and i'm REALLY at a loss as to where I need to make real improvements. We struggled for goals last season (Ryan Brewster was top scorer with 7...) so that seems like the most obvious but I can't find a player that really sparks my interest that would WANT to come to Cov.

I've picked up three players so far in the form of:

• Kido - Japanese teenage sensation (5 million)
  • Jamal Lewis - Northern Irish left wing extraordinaire (8.5m they played hard ball)
  • Veteran superstar Marco Reus (he was available on a free and I need to have 'good' cover for my starters 

I've also got three players on trial, a recently released 22 year old from Villa who seems a solid forward, randomn midfielder to help fill a gap and a 34 year old Aubameyang because..maybe goals. The 22 year old striker will most likely come onto the books but the other two i currently don't see working out. I have an 'ok' front line they just seemed to not be able to hit the net.

My main issue heading into the season is that I have 35 players who I could consider for the first team, that too many on the books and i need to shift at least 8-10 of them. Its proving a struggle because although the players are 'ok' they are only attracting attention of lower league teams who cant afford the 10m rated midfielder i'm trying to get rid of. I'm BORED of being offered loans. hell, I moved James Collins on for £0 when he's worth £500k just to start clearing space.

Its been an interesting 5 years with Coventry and i'm LOVING every second of it.

Edited by SquareRootOfSi

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone had an issue in this game of conceding goals almost immediately after you've scored?

Did a little digging through my last two seasons and in about 70% of games where I've scored first, I've held that lead for give or take only 5 minutes. Whether I go on to win or lose the game, almost frighteningly I end up conceding shortly after scoring a goal. Again almost irrespective of opponents, top or bottom of the league.

I had a game that was lost to city, where I took the lead on the 35th minute and proceeded to concede 3 goals (in this specific timing) the 37th, 40th and 45th mins. 

Edited by SquareRootOfSi